Manifold/mainliners PRUNING

I’m attempting to manifold technique on a few plants and can’t find any instructions on when to prune the extra side branches coming off the main branches. Should I wait till flower flip or chop them as I see them pop out??

2 Likes

Realistically this should have been done sooner. Once the side branches have grown 4 nodes top back to #3 and remove #2 and keep up the LST to roughly mid flower :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

What was the original plan. Did you intend to have 8 colas?
This is a Nebula Manifold. Zoom in and you can see that all of the secondary branches have been removed.

Another example

Each growth tip you let grow will become another colas. Decide how many and which ones.

4 Likes

This is a quadline.

I’m showing this because you can see on the branches going left to right the growth tips that I kept. Each side will have 4 colas.

The manifold stems going from top to bottom will only have two colas on each side (at the very end).
Zoom in and you can see the stumps from the pinched growth tips .

5 Likes

ya’ll are soooo mean to your girls with this manifold stuff…shame on you :cowboy_hat_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

6 Likes

The ones I have done have tended to like it :wink::wink:

6 Likes

S&M brother :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

The twisting and breaking comes a little later. Gently of course!

5 Likes

Yea 8 colas is the plan. It’s hard to see with all the extra foliage but it does basically look like your underneath all that extra, I promise.

5 Likes

To maintain 8 colas I circled the growth tips to be removed.
Then numbered the colas.
As these branches grow, new leaves and growth tips will also grow. Just remove them as they appear.

This is one of my current plants.

The yellow square is where the stem was topped. I numbered the nodes and growth tips removed in order to have one main colas and not a lot of secondary buds.

This is how it is shaping up

7 Likes

Awesome thanks that’s what I needed to hear, just wasn’t sure when to snip but now I think I’m getting it!

1 Like

Getting in shape too!

Plus 2 more I’m manifolding

4 Likes

Viola. She looks great. I always like the look of the skeleton at that age.

1 Like