Mango Kush outdoors in the rain?

I’m thinking of trying Mango Kush but ILGM warns that it should not be left out in the rain. After an indoor start it would be transplanted outdoors. How critical is rain protection? What is the problem?

1 Like

Rain during flowering can lead to bud rot. Possible to cover in a plastic hoop style makeshift greenhouse?

But bud rot or mold doesn’t need rain for it to occur. Just wondering if Mango Kush really was particularly troublesome and why more than others . . . … My outdoor site had no such problems with Gold Leaf, Jack Herer, and one anonymous clone, summer and fall, wind and rain!

Bud density usually plays a role in bud rot issues. A fan placed outside, and anti mold measures taken, and a make shift green house can inhibit mold growth.

2 Likes

Careful with that.

2 Likes

dense thick buds will have to be watched for mold/bud rot. might consider shading from direct rain saturation.

1 Like

I live in a subtropical city and mould and bud rot is my biggest problem. Too much rain is a problem during flowering but add high humidity to that and you need to take them early or loose the lot. Best to time your plant so they flower during a drier period. Autoflower plants are great for this. You just need to plant 10 times as many as you would during Summer but it’s nice to watch them flower out with no rot.

Welcome @Isiahdog to ILGM.

1 Like

@Isiahdog There are strains that are recommended to growing outdoors which are mold resistant. I have a few strains good at preventing mold but I don’t k ow which ones right off the top of my head. I have over 70 strains in stock and will be adding a lot more once the X-mas promotion goes in effect tonight.

1 Like

Hi. @MrPeat just reading through after a long layoff. You note of mold resistant strains. Can you fill me in on that one, please.:wink::v::sunglasses::shamrock:i got destroyed at the end with boytris mold and gray mold in my nuggs, even after H2O2 dilute sprays.Thru in some ladybugs. Still had tiny bugs and some stalk boarers. Growing just south of Boston. Outdoor 50gal fiber bags/supersoil. Thanks, man.:wink::v::sunglasses::shamrock:

@stretchgfw.1957 spray weekly with BT to keep the stalk borers away. They are a big contributing factor to bud rot.

1 Like

Hey @AAA thanks for the input. BT…Not sure what BT is. Fill me in man. Getting itchy. Looking at seeds for my spring grow. You mentioned mold resistant strains. I got totally f’d with mold at the VERY end of my grow. Should have pulled them Columbus day weekend. Got greedy for that 1 extra week. Disappointed. My fault. NOT this year. Down sizing to just 4 GOOD plants. Thanks again, man.:grin::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

@stretchgfw.1957 I use the product lined. I spray minimum once a week.

As far as mold resistant, you need to research that. But, in my experience the best bet is to try and not get mold in the first place. The caterpillars damage causes mold.

1 Like