Mango Kush outdoors in the rain?

I’m thinking of trying Mango Kush but ILGM warns that it should not be left out in the rain. After an indoor start it would be transplanted outdoors. How critical is rain protection? What is the problem?

1 Like

Rain during flowering can lead to bud rot. Possible to cover in a plastic hoop style makeshift greenhouse?

But bud rot or mold doesn’t need rain for it to occur. Just wondering if Mango Kush really was particularly troublesome and why more than others . . . … My outdoor site had no such problems with Gold Leaf, Jack Herer, and one anonymous clone, summer and fall, wind and rain!

Bud density usually plays a role in bud rot issues. A fan placed outside, and anti mold measures taken, and a make shift green house can inhibit mold growth.

2 Likes

Careful with that.

2 Likes

dense thick buds will have to be watched for mold/bud rot. might consider shading from direct rain saturation.

1 Like

I live in a subtropical city and mould and bud rot is my biggest problem. Too much rain is a problem during flowering but add high humidity to that and you need to take them early or loose the lot. Best to time your plant so they flower during a drier period. Autoflower plants are great for this. You just need to plant 10 times as many as you would during Summer but it’s nice to watch them flower out with no rot.

Welcome @Isiahdog to ILGM.

1 Like

@Isiahdog There are strains that are recommended to growing outdoors which are mold resistant. I have a few strains good at preventing mold but I don’t k ow which ones right off the top of my head. I have over 70 strains in stock and will be adding a lot more once the X-mas promotion goes in effect tonight.