Mango Kush defoliating

Haven’t been on here in over a year forgot how to do everything,should these be defoliated,6 1/2 weeks old

4 Likes

I would defoil. Do not do more than 30% of your fan leaves. I would start by defoiling from the bottom up removing fan leaves and small popcorn. Don’t over do it though.

2 Likes

Thanks MoFo,I’m new to autos & indoor growing,these are suppose to be done in 10 weeks, but the buds are not fattening up like they shoud,is it too close to harvest to add some Bloom to them?

1 Like

Not to step on @MoFo but based on those pics your plant is pretty open to airflow and doesn’t seem to be so full that lower areas are not receiving light. I do agree though if you’re going to do some defol that you start down low and or from the center of the plant. Good luck and welcome back!! @Emmy

7 Likes

Well,it’s raining today here,so I’ll have a couple of hits and give them girls a small haircut ,lol!! I can’t find my little Fiskar scissors that came with the pot for pot,those things were awesome, thanks for the info !!

1 Like

I still don’t know how to fatten them babies up,at 6 1/2 weeks I really am afraid to add much besides water

I took these photos just now,those others were a couple weeks old

The buds on the taller plant seem to be getting fatter,don’t know about these autos,Dennis 62 gave me a name about a year ago,but I’ve lost it

1 Like

This was after the trim MoFo,how do they look now to you?

4 Likes

Those pics give me a better sense of your grow. You’ve got plenty of time for fattening up, it’s on the way. You don’t feed your girls anything? Are you growing organically?

1 Like

I just started them in good soil and at 5 weeks I put 1 tbl spoon of Bloom in a gallon of water,it lasted about a week, since then I’ve only been giving them water, about 20 oz every other day

1 Like

The soil was that Fox Farm,but man,that stuff is expensive!!

1 Like

They’re in a homemade grow room,about 6 x 8 x 8 ft tall,2 grow lights from Amazon, temp stays in the upper 60’s,humidity stays in the 54 to 59 range

Forgive me for rambling on so much,I’m just glad to be back growing,this is my 2nd try

1 Like

Time!
Unless the seller specifies otherwise, 10 weeks is probably the flowering time rather than total grow time. Also, the transition period between veg and flower may need to be added. In other words, you might be 1/2 way. I found one site saying 8 - 9 weeks flower time. To this add the veg period Then add another week or two because breeders are optimistic.

2 Likes

In that case it would be safe to give them 2 girls some more of the bloom,I will still have plenty ot time to flush them, thanks beardless,I’m pretty green at growing but so far I seem to be a fast learner

1 Like

I did some defoliation already, but they needed it,the 1 on the left for sure

@Emmy looks good to me. Plenty of air flow.

I took your advice MoFo,kept that trim to about a 1/3, it’s still pretty bushy

1 Like

I didn’t know that the 10 weeks on the autos referred to flower time

@Emmy I have gotten a little too excited with the trimmers before and it caused my plants to go into shock. I don’t know if it was strain related Super Lemon Haze or something else. I personally would not trim anymore now. That is what I would advise based upon my past experiences.

1 Like