Male out in the cold

So I figured this deserved its own thread. Today is the first day my area has gotten a frost advisory. So, instead of risking our precious females, I’ll put a male out there that has no value.
He’s behind in the flowering schedule, by about 4-5 weeks compared to other outdoor growers in my area, he was inside for a bit. So we’ll see how fast he can mature.
I moved my sensor to outside just above the plant, on the side of the porch post. So you all will have visual evidence to follow along with.
Here’s what HE looks like today.
@Tenga @Bulldognuts @kaptain3d @Oldguy @Gerant @marandaleeanne26 @Mark0427
Animal Cookies

15 Likes

Great experiment! :nerd_face:

My Purple Haze had 2 weeks with temperatures in the low 30’s…

5 Likes

Sounds about right. I’m going to leave this out there indefinitely. At least until it’s thoroughly dead.

3 Likes

Question what are you growing the male for? Plant on breeding?

1 Like

Nope, I planted regular seeds and found a male. Outside he went experimenting… lol

6 Likes

Lol don’t have that bitch near your a/c lol suck to pollinate all the indoors lol

My space is relatively safe. I circulate the air from inside the home.

2 Likes

High,
I had a male to split into two different main stalks. He died. Upper thirties here tonight and tomorrow night. Got two to three weeks left hope they can finish. Ya got a nice looking boy there Covert
Ger.

1 Like

Look great! Can’t wait to see how the rest of your experiment goes.

3 Likes

I’m in for a good experiment. :+1:
Mine had frost 5 times so far. Few times heavy.

How bout some fur lined pots for us northern growers ? :joy::joy:
We’re set to watch brother.
:v::pray:

6 Likes

Watching and really interested to see just how much cold the dude can take!
:snowman:

3 Likes

Holy crap! Im in the southern interior of BC and we arent getting frost or 32 degree weather yet? Must be global warming?

3 Likes

Usually we can expect a very light frost around this time but my first was almost 4 weeks ago.
Definitely a weather pattern shift around here since covid started.
:v:

5 Likes

if you keep the ground around the plant wet, it will help to prevent frost. Not the plant soil, just the area around the plant. If you want the little bastard to live a long and miserable life, throw a poly tunnel over it.

2 Likes

I’m just north of Toronto and we had frost twice mid Sept.
Maybe less pollution in the air since COVID?
Covered my plants and again tomorrow night but then I am working hard to make til harvest with help from here.

Looking forward to see the results of this experiment! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Friday update:

4 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

This is a really great experiment. I had a light frost yesterday am and then today back into the 80’s :joy:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower hows that male doing out in the cold? I have one to, after you saying about. Sorry about the grammar I’m only an engineer dam it. HaHa. We have had several lite frosts. Went down to 34F last night pulled second of three last night trying to hold as long as I can.

1 Like