Male or Female? Please help!

Hi I’m new to this and recently noticed these bud things, I can’t see any white hairs. Does this mean I have a male? It’s a Blue Dream Autoflower about 5 weeks old. If it’s a male can I use it in a tincture? This is a medicinal grow, not for smoking. Thanks.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh, sorry, but I think you’ve got a male there. Wait another day to be certain, but i’m pretty sure this guy needs to be culled.

Males aren’t really good for anything. I mean, yeah, you can use it, but the THC and CBD is very low compared to a female and you run the risk of pollinating females and getting pollen all over your grow space.

8 Likes

Got a picture of the hole plant ?

It’s a boy… :frowning::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Being a auto I have seen those look like nuts and bust out a pistol sometimes they get big and swollen that’s why I’d like to see the whole plant but the more I look mmmm not sure yet but looks like ???

2 Likes

Yes, but there are too many for them to be callyx. They must be balls.

3 Likes

That’s why I’m mmmmmm ??? Lol @raustin

1 Like

And if it’s a male you can absolutely use it for 𝕄𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 values it’s not like a female but there Are medicinal uses in the male plant

2 Likes

Ok here is a couple of pics of the whole plant.

That’s a dude. I see DEEZ NUTS

1 Like

Hopefully I’ll have better luck with my blueberry autoflower, that one is only about 3 weeks old at the moment so bit early to tell. Thanks everyone for the help. :slightly_smiling_face:

You blew it. You’re supposed to just say you see “dee’s” then wait for someone to ask… LOSER!!! :rofl:

1 Like

No problem. We like checking out dude plants balls :rofl:

1 Like

Male 4 sure

I thought autos were went to be female?

2 Likes

As far as having medicinal properties, you would still have to grow the plant to maturity for that to be any benefit, and that’s a lot of work for a lot less return. If they are ILGM autos, I would see about a replacement seed. If not from ILGM, I would find another seed source.

1 Like

No it’s not from ILGM, my blueberry auto is. I won’t buy from that supplier again and yes it was supposed to be feminised.

I don’t know … there are only a couple and I’ve seen little sacs like that on females right where the branch splits.

I’m not convinced it’s male yet.

3 Likes

If it’s just the one plant, shouldn’t hurt to let it go a bit and see.

1 Like

I do have another plant, how long should I give it?