Male or female? Can't tell it's my first grow

1 Like

I can’t tell from that picture. How old is your plant? Might be too young to be able to tell yet.

2 Likes

It’s only 3 weeks old right now

1 Like

If it’s only 3 weeks old then I don’t think you can tell sex yet, but on the flip side the sex does start to show when flowering begins so you’ll just have to be patient and wait for that time when it comes. There is a clone trick though that you can use I guess. I’ve never done it but i guess you cut a clone from a nice healthy plant and put it on a 12/12 light schedule and it’ll start the flowering process thus starting to show the sex and you can get a clue from that just not to sure how long you may have to wait to get said clone.

2 Likes

I think you are still too early for the preflowers.

Preflowers will show up between 3-6 weeks from what I’ve read. They will usually appear on the 4th or 5th node. Keep an eye out for them they are very small and hard to see if you don’t know what to look for. Give it another week and then take another pic and post and we can go from there.

2 Likes

You can actually tell the sex from the preflowers that appear early in the Veg stage. You don’t need to wait until flowering to determine the sex though it does help and makes it easier to tell. Usually between 3 - 6 weeks a preflower will show up in the 4th or 5th node. It is very small and sometimes tough to tell the sex but it is possible. This comes in handy if you are growing a lot of plants so that you can get rid of the ales so you don’t spend time and energy on plants that will ultimately be disposed of.

3 Likes

Good to know! So what’s the difference from preflower and flowering? Just a few weeks basically or completely different things?

1 Like

Looks female to me, but a little early to tell

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Completely different things. During Veg between 3 - 6 weeks in the 4th or 5th node you can see a little preflower which you can use to determine the sex of the plant. The preflower is usually really small and difficult to see sometimes. Last years grow I grew like 8 bag seeds and was able to determine 4 of them were male after about 6 weeks into Veg so I was able to get rid of them to make more space In my tent. I searched around for an article on ILGM but could not find one. There are articles out there if you google it I didn’t want to post a link to another website in case it goes against forum rules.

2 Likes

Ah Gotcha ill definitely look around on that then! Thanks for the info

2 Likes

You got it brotha! Always happy to help.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info!!

2 Likes

I agree still too early to tell. Here is an article though that will help you when the timing is right.

3 Likes

You’re looking for something like this

female instead of the hair is growing out it will just grow more nuts

2 Likes

I can’t tell 100%. But when they look like this I’m thinking they are males. I’ll give them a few more days. To me they look like a rose bud. They will look like the are a cabbage look. Like leaves on top of leaves. When I can see lines on the organs I know it’s a male.

4 year old post. I’m late for dinner. Lol

1 Like

Any luck in identifying?

1 Like

They where a bad strain. I loved they way they grew. Got the seeds from a bag of beans