Male , female or to early?

My plant is 5-6 weeks. Seems really healthy.
I’m looking for preflowers. It my first grow.
I thought I had began to see something, but after more than a week with a loupe maybe I am just seeing new growth?..the shapes seem to be pointy covered with small hairs. Not really ballish. But no long white hairs. They appear to just be tiny leaves starting? Is that a possibility? And it’s not showing anything yet?
These pics are with a fone…best I can do. The growth is down in the elbow it’s impossible to tell if it’s on a “stem” like a male indicator…here are some pics… obviously iv never seen either male or female preflowers so I’m full of speculation!
Thanks for any help!

2 Likes

Still early but I don’t see any obvious male bits, looks like it’s leaning towards female to me

5 Likes

Hoping so! Thanks for info…driving me nuts!
Iv read that the stipils crossing that way almost always a female.
Have you had that observation?

Hey I’m a newbie but those look like hairs not little seed sacks, hopefully u r ok, where ur seeds come from ?

First two pictures look male to me. But won’t hurt to let them live longer to verify.

8 Likes

@Kingkupa bag seeds…this is why I’m worried!:laughing:

2 Likes

@Covertgrower
I’d like to like,but I can’t say I like the idea!:laughing:
Thanks for helping tho!
I’ll watch it…really I want to flip the lights! But I have two more than are younger…and if I flip them I’ll have to do them all…if the largest were for sure female I’d do it and keep a close eye on the other two.
I have some ilgm autos I’m itching to get to…can’t do that till I move these…
Iv deff got the newbies lack of patience!
Working on that :laughing:

4 Likes

My thoughts as well.

8 Likes

Ditto. Looks like balls to me too. Sorry.

Let her/him go a few more days. Should be more pronounced shortly

6 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @Kingkupa @Hellraiser
Thanks all you guys!!! And you all who said a boy were spot on. Purple called this about a week ago even! My inexperience kept me curiously hanging on.
That plant has obviously is ‘crab claws’ that are much more like lobster to me, that have opened no hairs and no signs of balls or pollen(you are learning how little experience I have now hu? Lol) I had to more plant slightly younger not showing anything until I flipped the lights about 5 days ago…the middle aged plant started to show,and right away I could see a different shape in the preflowers…today I have one girl!..great learner…already I beleive the youngest of the three is barley showing anything but appears way more like the older(boy)…1 out of 3(maybe) sux but to have them in the age span I did…and to flip them togather I beleive was priceless experience for me…I got to see quickly different stages.
Btw the crossed stipulis is a girl theory does NOT hold water…lol…
ANYWAY…maybe this will help a newby like me learn a lot fast…
And wouldn’t have done this without you guys opinions!
:metal::v:
Sad…this was my first seed and I thought it was looking awesome…bout to pull it and see what roots look like…maybe learn something else…

4 Likes

Sorry I was wrong
Sometimes I get my hopes up and rah rah rah

Happy cake day :birthday: Mr Peat

3 Likes

Looking male to me. :frowning:

1 Like

Np! I was the same way of course!:laughing:
And maybe it could a been…the younger was same seeds…and it should me that fast…I went with odds and what I could read…Im good with all options I can get!

1 Like

Thanks peat.
I’m sitting here second guessing as I read your comment…I feel better again…but can you tell me what you see from such a distant pic that’s says male flower to you?
I’m tryn to learn all I can. These photos were to be practice for the autos I have from you guys…to get my room in order and learn…I can’t wait really to finish these withOUT getting any pollen in my room! Lol…and start a serious set of autos.

2 Likes

Just to add to what Mr. Peat stated, when they’re male sacks, there’s one starting out, but as time progresses, there’s more that sprout in the same area forming a cluster.
Female flowers, when present, forms only one calyx as a preflower. No more sprout from that area.
They always have a white pistil that shoots out, confirming female.

5 Likes

So I can assume…as the singles I observed to eventually start opening(I have a 30/60 loupe)with no hairs would have later showed more of themselves in a cluster. And that I have caught it early enough I did not witness this cluster?..this is great stuff…I could ask other stuff for hours…I cannot read or find detailed reads that satisfy my curiosity…lol…or I’m just really dense…the quickness that the younger plant that was showing no preflowers till I flip the lights convinced me the one we are looking at should have showed me already.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
Now I’m wondering.
I said that the thing “opened” and no hairs…are you meaning that the female will appear to be only a single growth? Therefore be incapable of appearing to open?
I’m wondering now if it appears to “open” because it WAS a cluster of what I thought was one complex growth?
They look like tiney new growths of two leaves.
Will a female only appear as a single leaf?

Basically yes.

1 Like

@Hellraiser @MrPeat @Mr_Wormwood @Kingkupa @Covertgrower
@PurpNGold74
These two turned out to be girls!:metal:
Although I started them flowering WAY to early, I’m still stoked to see flowers, tomorrow is two weeks on flower,I been giving them ilgm flower time. I am seeing some holes in leaves…I beleive may be to much flowertime nutes?
Planing on a little ilgm plant boost Saturday…then a few days water only to try let them catch up.
Does this sound like a plan?
Here are pictures starting to flower and tryn to load a torn leaf.
Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

Looks to be a pest problem just starting to kick off. I gave to much nutrients in my beginning days and never had holes in my leaves.

I would inspect under the leaves just to be sure.

1 Like