Making vape oil with Everclear

I have read the good and bad of using Everclear to make vape oil. I am trying for my first time anyway. So far are Decarbed 8 grams of flower. Soaking it in Everclear for 2 days now. Although the original recipe said let it sit for 10-14 days, many say I will get too much chlorophyll.

My questions are: should I strain now? Can I stick it in the freezer and then filter everything reducing the amount of extra plant matter? Let it go for 8 more days? Strain, then freeze and strain again?

I plan to evaporate then mix with pg/vg

1 Like

So a whole bunch of things:

First: no need to decarb. The vape will do that. This will greatly help the flavor profile.

Soaking for any length of time just extracts chlorophyll. The proper way to do it is:

1 gram of flower per oz of Everclear (I use GNS) Do not grind. If you break it up do it by hand, loosely.
Place flower in one jar and freeze, along with your supply of alcohol.
Once frozen, add alcohol to flower and shake vigorously for 30 seconds
Return to freezer and shake every 15 minutes up to 1 hour
Remove from freezer and strain. Evaporate using whatever tools are available to you

This technique will remove/extract 99% of the goodness and leave behind most of the chlorophyll. This will also develop the best flavor profile.

6 Likes

So based on me not being in the freezer already for a couple days, would it benefit me to put it in the freezer now?

1 Like

No. That is done to reduce the amount of chlorophyll extracted.

2 Likes

Thanks. That stinks but it is what it is. I will press on and hopefully have something usable at the end.

1 Like

How much vape liquid could one make with an ounce of flower??

1 Like

That’s gonna depend on the potency of the tincture.

1 Like

Ok, didn’t know if there was a common ratio that made a decent juice.

2 Likes