Making vape juice

A question from a fellow grower:

Hi, I have been following the recipe for making my own vape juice that you have on your site. A couple of questions: under #3 you say, “Mix this THC-infused alcohol with the 100% USP- food grade vegetable glycerin. Put the lid on and shake vigorously for a minimum of two minutes.” Mix it in what ratio?? 50/50, 60/40? Personal preference? I’m only a few days away from finishing a batch where I’ve used a full ounce of Jack Herer and 190 proof grain alcohol. It looks “rich,” but I don’t want to ruin it by not mixing it properly with the correct amount of the USP Food Grade Glycercin I plan to mix it with. Finally, how am I supposed to preserve or keep the extra product? I don’t want to end up with chemical pneumonia as you mention in the article/recipe. How do I cure it? I bought a dozen amber glass 300 mL bottles with droppers to use it as a tincture to get away from smoking all the time for my lungs sake. However, I do plan on trying this by vaping it too and want to make sure that it’s safe for doing that and don’t want the excess I end up with going bad. How to store it? Thank you for you assistance.

1 Like

I too am interested in this. So i got my eyes on this.
Nice to meet you.

1 Like

@DoobieNoobie was deep into this, I think. Speaking of which, have you heard from him @Haildamaged? I’m drawing a blank, but I know there were a few others making their own, too. @blackthumbbetty were you, or do you know of others making their own vape juice?

1 Like

I have tried it once. Turned out pretty good.

Here’s one of the reference points I used:

1 Like

Any luck on an answer for this? 2-4 oz of glycerol is not very specific.

To what are you referring?

I love growing has an article but the measurements are very nonspecific. Was wondering if anyone had something more specific than 2-4 oz of glycerol.

I am not familiar with their method, myself.

I wouldn’t use that as a diluent/liquidizer, though. Go for MCT or just Terps, but stay away from propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Do you have a good method that I should follow? Decarb, extract, etc?

There are lots of great methods on this site. It just depends on your personal preference which one you go with. Definitely need to know the basics so you can decide which is the best method for your needs.

What kind of experience do you have making extractions?

Here is what I do:

But I’ve added these to my method, now:

2 Likes

I have zero experience. I will take a look at these. Hoping to keep it simple.

QWET is as simple as it gets. :grinning: If you have any questions, let us know.

One more question for now then. My goal is vape cartridges. Do I then dilute the end product of QWET with oil?

Here’s a good starting point. Definitely check around, too.

I`m also interested in this. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum @Maklor. I think that you will find this to be a place of a tremendous amount of knowledge and a vast amount of experience, as I sure have.

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM, @Maklor :wave: :v:

1 Like

I cannot get my shatter to mix with my vg or pg, I have heated and everything, I could use some help. When I heat it it mixes beautifully but as it cools it separates

Your much better off mixing in some terps. Or at least a liquidizer.

1 Like

Ok cool I have some liquidizer on its way!!

1 Like