Making powerful coconut nut oil to eat

Yes. I use the Ardent FX. I like it. But all it really is, is a heated tube with a timer and accurate temperatures.

4 Likes

It looks like they have built a little jewel as it does it all so simply. Do you grind the weed or just stuff the tube? French press or the cheese cloth??

2 Likes

I got the following accessories for mine:

Handle
French Press
Odor trapping lid
Infusion molds

I have not used the molds, but I like the handle a lot, makes it much easier to work with.

And no, I don’t grind, but I do break it up.

2 Likes

The odor lid ,necessary . Does it smell up the house? Thats the main motive for me is decarb without that. They are very proud of the fx 200.00, but quality and good design is worth it if you get it!

2 Likes

There is a smell, but the odor trapping lid (with a fresh carbon filter) does a pretty good job of containing the smell. With the lid, I can only smell it in the room where I am using it.

4 Likes

Pretty much desided on the ardent fx. Shopping for price now, sold a R2R yesterday to fund it.i kinda nice that my 1st hobby is fundind my 2nd hobby! Looking for discount codes at this point.

4 Likes

“save25” does 25% :v:

2 Likes

Thanks graysin

1 Like

Ordered the Ardent FX. Cant wait to make some brownies. Ended getting 108.00 off.

5 Likes

Anyone using Lecithin with thier butter or oil???

4 Likes

I do. And I have found this to work well:

2 Likes

Thanks newt, how much do you use per how much oil infused???

1 Like

I have used Gar gum also when I was making gummies The recipe required this to emulsify, they said it had a different afer taste the the sunflower lectin. I can tell the difference.

1 Like

Bunger same question how do you use it???

1 Like

Have you guys ever smoke the decarbed buds???

1 tsp per cup of oil.

1 Like

I have not. But I understand that you can.

1 Like

I just read an article that stated decarbing will increase quality of canibus as it decarbs at 97/100% (according to Ardent) as apposed to much less from just a lighter ignition. Says almost double the thc levels.said it is a noticable difference and you will use less when smoking. Worth trying it i think.

3 Likes

I think that you will lose all of the terpene flavor and smell, however.

2 Likes

I believe you are correct about that. I read another thread about adding " lavender" or others to the decarb to give a taste and aroma.

1 Like