Making powerful coconut nut oil to eat

BUNGER, that’s good info,thanks I have a better understanding of using the everclear and i love the idea of letting it go to a tar. Reminds me of getting hash balls from visiting seaman in the late 60’s. I have reefer from the summer that I want to experiment with and am looking to make a "sleepy time " tincture per family requests. Now, what is CBN? Is cooking for a long time how you achieve CBN? BTW I use White Widow flower. For me( 76 yr old light weight ) I’m happy. I probably should grow powerful Indicas for sleepy results. I prefer Sativa energizers. My preference is smoking but I’m looking for healthy alternatives. This was the first year I gathered kief when using a cleaning tray with a screen, all these years I wasted it… I’m learning ! Thanks for answering, and sharing. BTW this is the first year it will be legal in Maryland to grow 2 plants…hippie!

1 Like

This is the best way to use ethanol for extractions. It also recovers much of it for reuse. Temps are held at 105F to keep much of the terpenes intact.

This is a great unit as it allows you to make a variety of different oils based on your QWET extraction. You can end up with oil like this:

Six grams of goodness out of 30 grams of flower. Plant material can be run again for edibles. That oil is 90% pure THC.

3 Likes

If you go to my solo cup farm to the 9th i go over alot of this and the devices i use are there also ill try and tag you

1 Like

So if you cook the pot for 180min at 240 it will burn most of the THC off and leaves the cabbinoid CBN(sleepnoid). I then infused with coconut oil and made cookies.

Anybody using the ARDENT butter/oil machine???

1 Like

I also love coconut oil for gummies. I use good olive for baking. I dont really care for butter. It seems to absorb plant taste much more than other oils. Just what i notice. Plus can eat a teaspoon of coconut oil straight up without gagging. Levo 2 user here.

2 Likes

I think @Bunger64 has one, @Newt had been considering one a while back but I don’t remember if he pulled the trigger. Same with @Tylersays but he’s not active here anymore :cry:

1 Like

About to pull the trigger on one of the butter makers. Like the Ardent as it decarbs as well. Just want some feedback.

1 Like

Fair

I have a Levo 2 - it dehydrates, decarbs, and infuses. But the herb pods have a limited capacity (7g per pod, can fit 2-3 pods in the reservoir). I often decarb a large batch in the oven and do several back-to-back infusions in the Levo. For higher quantity with fewer steps, I think the Ardent is the way to go. I’m finding myself modifying the way the Levo operates.

3 Likes

I do not know the Argent but probably similar to what i use. Worth it. Pays for itself first batch of oils. Truly does.

3 Likes

They are a little small. I have to do several rounds with 2 7g pods. I think they figured that out and a new model is out with much higher capacity.

1 Like

I like the " all-in-one" idea of the Ardent. And they are a U.S. company.

1 Like

When you infuse oil does it stay liquid or coagulate between use??

I have the small ardent decarboxylation unit and the

I dont use butter anymore just tasteless coconut oil

No refrigeration required. If i had known more I might have gotten the one that does more I think Newt has it. Oil coagulates but stays easy to use on shelf.

3 Likes

Exactly i tried guessing at cooking and then 3 hrs doing butter now you add and push buttons and walk a way. Oil 1hr Everclear 4hrs

1 Like

Using cured buds (good quality) how much bud woud you use for 2 cups of oil??

1 Like

My infuser has a line you have to have it at so have been infusing my cured decarbed bud the jars are 23oz so i infuse 3 oz with that oil. Haven’t tried to reduce it more still learning. My biggest problem is im smoked up all the time so Its hard to understand my edibles, for example now my CBN cookies are perfect now wife likes them the othe brownies or cookies I get they turned me into an Fing Zombie thought they were going to od

2 Likes

Ya thats roughly 3 cups so an ounce per cup? That aught to make you null and void. LOL

2 Likes

@Bunger64 do you grind before infusing?? Sorry to keep bugging you.

2 Likes

Never a bother i break the buds up a little i keep my decarbed in the freezer might remove big stalks but the unit is crazy on when its done finer than coffee grounds looks like hash