Making my own vape juice

Great thread and I’m learning a lot. Me me me me too ! Ha I too want to make some quality oil too. I can remember back to the early 70s. I didn’t toke commercial weed etc we toked what was then called and what we all strive to grow sinsimelia and oil made from that. We didn’t have a vape back then we used glass bowls or warmed the oil just a tad and stick a sewing needle in it and smear it on a cig and light it up ; anywhere by the way and , it just wrecked a person. It was $30 a gram back then. God ! I want some and I want to make it good like some here seem to be doing.

Ive never heard of that. Do you have a grow going amd are you going to try and make some? Id love to be included.

Everyone, i havent forgotten about my commitment to this thread, my dad went in hospital monday and i drove cross state and spent all week with him and some family, an emotional week, fear of father dying monday, fear of paralysis tuesday, not sure wednesday, thanksgiving in ICU thursday, moved down to regular rooms friday, hotel room next to hospital friday night just in case and im back home sat night. Hug your parents, become friends with your grown kids - it can all slip away on a random sunday when you wake up to a phone call at 2am.

My extractions have been soaking this whole time and ill be resuming in a day or two when i regain my composure.

Peace and Love

2 Likes

Sorry about your father. That must be rough. I’ll say a prayer and send good vibes your way.

my dad is pretty sick. hes been sick a long time so lets not get into details. i wanted to share something i realized about getting older.

even though im older now than my dad was when i was born hes always been old and im young. right? Well yesterday i realized my dog is getting old. and i cant deny im getting old too. it really hit me if he is getting old then i must be too.

i really dont wanna leave this place, ever. I really like being alive.

but every time i see my dad im sure to give him my love and mess up his hair. he hates it. but no one else pisses him off quite like i can and it makes him feel alive. lol

2 Likes

:pensive: my sympathy. Your so correct and nothing prepares you for it all we can do as you say love our family and keep them close. It can slip away and all we have is the memories we made and those memories should be about time spent not regrets.

Yes I’m going to attempt to make some oil but I’ll be using buds. I use the trim for edibles like hard candy cookies or peanut butter knots. Sinsimelia I believe the word is Spanish or derivative and means “Seedless Weed” or without seeds etc it’s just a term for female plant/buds. It cost as much as $800-$1200 per oz but avg price was $400 back then depending where you lived and honey oil hash oil was $30-90 per gram. One drop in a glass bowl could get 7 stoners born again lol the potency would definitely help with my issues.

May you find balance in your situation

Thanks everyone.

After we got out of the hospital (5days) I took him to see a movie (beautiful boy) and it was sad and nice both, I’ve been out of the house for years and years and my career caught up with me so it’s been like 13 years since I’ve seen him o n the regular and he’s lost a lot of his muscle mass in his arms and shoulders his face is skinnier he has a delay in processing and speech (parkinsons) … like @basementstealth says it’s a slap in the face to realize he’s in the twilight of his life now… anyway, heavy heavy movie ehich i like, great slap in the face message whoch i like, my dad really showed me he cant see well amymore (had to fuide him into his movie seat), cant walk well (had to take steps super slow, constantly slow my pace so i didnt lead him and make him think he was walking slow) and it was heartbreaking and made my eyes water one second when im siting in my dark movie seat with my arms outreached trying to guide him in the dark to where the seat was and keep my arms behind him as he slowly puts his weight into the seat, but then i reached over and rubbed his hair with my hand like a little kid and we both laughed. Oh man, its hard knowing his time is near, his arms were towers and he taught me how to fix stuff for a living. Invincible becomes fragile. Very hard. I’m now very focused to finish this remodel and sell and move in with him for a while to catch up and enjoy some times while we can. Hopefully get one more motorcycle ride or skydive in together. We are quite the team.

Thank God for cannabis. And that it’s becoming legal. And Thank God for magic mushrooms too, they help in times like these. Johns Hopkins has already petitioned the US govt to move psilocybin from schedule 1 to schedule 4, thats a very specific, very huge bold move and theyve only been studying thrm for a year or two. Im proud to say i contributed a detailed essay to them, as did dozens of amateur mycologists i know. Im so envigorated that our world is being taken over hy the next generation and the effects are obvious. Wash this Nixon residue away and maybe the next generations will habe psilocybin therapy available wirh real therapists here in the US…

I digress…

@Zsitchin I would be very interested in your hard candy, peanut butter knot, and your sens. Oil! I love tinkering and haven’t tried any of those!

I’m not sure if you or anyone are into pain salves but I have a pretty comprehensive thread on what I’ve learned from tinkering with those :

I make cannacoconut oil or canna clarified butter (less efficient in the extraction but much better flavor) with trim and divvy up into 1 tbsp portions in ice cube tray to cool or bake anything under the sun, but so far I’m not that big on it.

I think next experiment will be in the hash / concentrate dept.

So… took both the extraction i had going and boiled them down in a pot of water. I found the sweet spot to be where the pot of water wasn’t even bubbling - not even a simmer - yet the everclear in the mason jar was simmering good, not a boil a soft rolling simmer very obvious and soft. I maintained this for probably an hour or two, stirring every five or ten minutes. I used a lot of everclear even splashed some more in there during the process as this is a heat assisted extraction I was doing (ground decarbed herb + everclear in mason jar) and when it was getting low on volume after adding some more alcohol one time, I removed from heat, strained but through cheesecloth and potato ricer to squeeze every drop out, and returned the clean liquid back to boiling pot.

30 more minutes or so until the simmering action in mason jar stopped. I smelled it and still smelled a bit of alcohol so I cranked up heat more, got pot of water to a good boil and noticed the mason jar got to a soft simmer again.

Maintained another 5 minutes or do and that simmer inside mason jar stopped. Removed from heat. Dabbed some on a straw and held to flames no flare up.

Both of my extraction jars totalled around 20grams decarbed bud (will double check probably and edit if nec) and that reduced to around 15mL liquid. I then added 28mL (one whole 1oz dropper bottles worth) of VG to it, note this VG is from the original failed extractions, so there’s some black widow in those 28mL already, dunno how much. and now i have a loaded Rubi pod and an overfull and spilling 1oz dropper bottle (which fits rubi pod hole exactly as well, how neat)

Mixed feelings so far - I really need to borrow someone’s rig to see - the rubi I find that I have a hard time drawing enough air through with this thicker vape juice - the earlier batch was runnier and I had less resistance to me sucking through the hole - I’m getting a headache and small hits - but my ears were ringing and I had to put the vape pen down for a minute too, so I don’t know what’s going on yet… I need a few days to toke… maybe thin it down with a little more VG…

@MT3 any issues with your Rubi? Hard to draw? My battery goes down quick does yours? I think this juice will be one hitter quitter if I had a powerful adjustable rig

4 Likes

I wish you were around me. I’ve got several high power mods. Glad to hear you got to spend time with your father. I hope it works out where you can spend more time while you still can.

2 Likes

Me too. My aim is to be finished with this house in Christmas.

• kept having issues with getting good hits - thinned out my dropper bottle with a few dropper fulls more VG (with a little black widow in it). Now i have two dropper bottles about 2/3 way full with 20grams in them.Tried again. Red faced and baby hit. Unwrapped three pack of Rubi pods and filled a new pod/coil unit with homemade juice. Plugged it in. Blew out a huge cloud first hit. My experiments have clogged up the first coil pod… I’ll have to clean it somehow.

I’ve got a good feeling about this now! Answers are near!

2 Likes

Awesome glad it’s working. That’s really my complaint about those little tanks. They don’t typically last long and are finicky.

If i end up liking this could you recommend an affordable / not too fancy rig with a large tank and proper adjustments? How much would it set me back?

• bout to hit the hay have a good night
1 Like

These days you can get really good setups with a whole lot more power for under a hundred dollars. That includes everything you need. You get to that point I’ll give you some options to look at.

which rigs ru referring to?

A Smoant Battlestar is a 200 watt mod for around $40. There’s always tons of sub ohm tanks less than twenty bucks. $20 for batteries and $15 for a separate battery charger to speed charging.

1 Like

I have bought a second Rubi since we talked last. I think of myself as a light hitter meaning the number of times I use it is only a couple of times a day. But I like big clouds and sort of “milk” the pen to get the vape cloud I like. I bought a dual USB wall socket charger and plug both Rubi’s in at a time every other day or so. Charging only takes an hour or so since I don’t have the batteries drained much.

All in all, especially for my smoking style, the Rubi suits my needs. If I was a power hitter, I’d think of the Rubi as a fun device but would want a home run hitter in addition. In fact, I want to search around and look for suggestions on a good refillable vape pen as discussed that may work for our purposes with vape oil, but not needed for shatter or wax. Maybe @DoobieNoobie can offer a suggestion after reading this.

Just about anything would be stronger. I had to look it up but the Rubi runs at 8.5 watts. But if you wanted a fairly cheap but considerably higher power piece i’d go this route. The coils are changeable and are available at most vape shops since it’s a popular one. And it includes everything you need to get started.

https://www.vapehappy.com/collections/sub-ohm-starter-kits-vaping/products/mag-baby-50w-tc-starter-kit-by-smok?variant=2315399856140

2 Likes

Man, I like the way this Mag Baby looks! May be worth a try since it is not very expensive at all.

Question: Have you tried, or is it available, a bottled blend of PG/VG with some sort of flavoring that can be mixed with our homemade cannabis tincture to be used in a vape pen?

1 Like

Yes hold on I’ll get you a link.
Here ya go. Pick any flavor from here and choose 0 nicotine. @mt3

I should add that you want to mix your tincture with the least amount of other ingredients that way you’re not diluting the flavor. Or from that same website you can get VG and flavoring in concentrate form. Then make your tincture with the VG and after done add 4% of the total volume of flavoring. Then keep adjusting 2% more at a time until you get to a flavor level you want.

2 Likes

I recently made some using a mix of 70/30 vg/pg. I made tincture with grain alcohol reduced it down to a oil. Mixed with 10 mil of mixture and 2 droppers of loranne flavoring. I’m a simple man so I don’t use a high powered set up I prefer my 510 thread pen. I’ll do this again a tweak a Lil. Getting good clouds from this mixture.

1 Like

1 Like