Making Concentrates

Not wrong, just a different way of doing it. I would monitor temperatures while in the oil, and allow the flower to decarb in the hot oil instead of doing it first.

2 Likes

I do a quick wash with Everclear,then let it evaporate with a fan,then mix terpenes and load carts.Should I skip the decarb,I do that before the wash.

1 Like

Depends on what you’re intending to do with the quick wash.
I would decarb first for a quick wash.

2 Likes

Thanks! I usually just make vapes out of it.I use a Magic Butter machine for everything else,except RSO,which I take 3 times a week as a preventive.

2 Likes

I’m doing the cold method with everclear. Can I split the wash and let one jar evaporate to make vape juice while heating the rest and make a tincture from that oil?

3 Likes

Sounds like yes from looking at the thread

1 Like

one to eat one to smoke…

1 Like

Yes you could.

1 Like

Yes.Thats what I do,2 washes.

1 Like

I’m new to crafting. Trying to manage seizures discreetly. It’s a challenge to get an easy answer sometimes. (On a budget without machines or confusing ridiculously tedious instructions). First grow was a success! I get intimidated by the trial and error idea. Advice from experience is gold. If you have any recipes or tips I’d be thankful. Thanks.

Rso is more of a long soak in alchohol to get EVERYTHING OUT. Quick wash just gets the tricomes off

1 Like

I’ve been rewashing the same bit of bud for a few days. I drained it with cheese cloth and put it in a jar. let it settle took the clear everclear off with a syringe. Then I did the same thing again. There is some sediment in the bottom of the jar. That’s the goal product. Can I vape what I want and decarboxylate some of it? I don’t want to waste anything I don’t have to. Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Do a quick wash the first time put it in one jar and then do another quick wash just to get the rest of the THC out of it put it in a double boiler what I get is a big ass pan you feel halfway with water then get a Pyrex dish down the alcohol in it and then turn the stove on medium low cook the alcohol what you’re left with is hash oil then they make this s*** called Farm to vape or wax liquidizer and that’s how I make my vape juice

That means I have to heat what I have and make rso? Is that the only difference the length of time it soaks? Or is it how far I reduce with heat? I know the rso is pretty thick. Can I vape the rso after I thin it out with a liquidizer?

Is the sediment what I’m after?