Making Concentrates

I have a medical condition called epilepsy and I’m trying to manage it with marijuana. I have cut down two plants and have three to go. I have read a lot about making concentrates and have a few questions. Can I decarboxylate a fresh harvest? If so how? Does anyone have a favorite recipe to share with me? Can I decarboxylate the oil after I make it or do I have to do the plant first? How could I decarboxylate a fresh harvest? Does anyone have a preferred method of decarbing? Thanks for your time and I hope to be sharing my process soon

Try @blackthumbbetty on Instagram. Apparently they suspended her here. They do that type of shit alot

1 Like

I usually dry mine first then decarb. 30-40min @250 in oven. Product should crumble easily and be slightly toasted.

She may be slithering around the lab side too. Not sure.

1 Like

Yes you can decarb fresh harvest.

2 Likes

I decarb at 225 degrees F for 45 minutes. How I decarb for capsules. :+1::+1::+1:

So I’ll decarboxylate my fresh harvest. I’ve been looking at everclear extraction as it is the easiest and most inexpensive method I’ve come across. Does anyone have any advice?

2 Likes

Or a recipe?

2 Likes

I’m using everclear extraction. First I decarboxylate the harvest then I soak the harvest in everclear. I let that evaporate and that’s what I have left. Is that pretty much the long and short of it ? I have epilepsy and I’m trying to make it less conspicuous when I’m out and about. I am also enjoying the effects of vaping rather than flower simply because I feel that it is less harmful .

6 Likes

I have had no luck doing edibles and even Vape juice. Its only effective for me to smoke. For a pan of brownies it takes 4 ounces at a minimum for 1/2 lb of butter.

I tried the capsules and I need to take at least 20 Capsules 00 size.

So I just smoke it. My tolerance is high to every thing. My liver doesn’t function like most people. Thus smoking is the only way to be effective for me. :pensive::pensive::pensive:

1 Like

I only use the Everclear 190 but Know it’s illegal in many states. The higher that alcohol content the better. I decarboxylate first.

Don’t grind the plant, only break it up by hand to about large rice grain sizes. I put mine in mason jars to keep the smell down. I bake at 230 for 35 minutes and no more than 1 cup of material per quart jar.

Then the fun part - After the jar and material are completely cool, fill the jar 3 or so inches over the material with ice cold Everclear. Throw the jar in the freezer for 5-7 days but make sure you take the jar out and shake it vigorously at least 5 times a day (more if you can). After 5-7 days, strain the liquor out by pouring through a coffee filter (you could use more expense micron screens but I like to keep my cost down).

Return the alcohol tincture to the mason jar, cover the top with cheesecloth and secure with a rubber band, mark where the liquid level is at on the jar with a marker and place a fan directly over opening. I evaporate the tincture down to at least 1/3 of it’s original volume - you can go further but be careful because if you go too far, it just starts sticking to the jar and you’ll have no way of scraping it out. How long it takes depends on how war or humid your house is… mine takes about 2-3 days.

Super Easy Dark Chocolates
Melt one large DARK chocolate bar (approx 50 grams) in a microwave (you canals add finely chopped nuts up to 8 grams). When melted stir in 2-3 t of the tincture. Keep stirring. it takes a little bit for the tincture to meld with the chocolate. I then spoon the chocolate into silicon candy molds. They are about 1 inch candies. You will need to experiment with dosing to your liking.

Magical Gummy Bears
6 oz jello powder
1 1/2 packages of unflavored gelatin (Knox)
1/4 t citric acid (you can find it in the canning area of the grocery store)
1/4 C corn syrup
1/3 cup cold filtered water (you can add some liquid flavoring or koolaid powder for more flavor)
3-6 FULL t tinctures (again practice on your desired dosing… these are pretty strong)

You have to work quick so make sure you are set up first:
Prepare gummy bear molds by VERY lightly coating cavities with coconut oil (I use cannabis coconut oil). You should not see any oil in the low spots. Wipe with a paper towel if there is too much.

Mix dry ingredients, stir in corn syrup and water. Allow to sit about 10 minutes for the gelatin to bloom.
Put on stove on low heat. Stir occasionally and very carefully to not cause bubbles. If mixture starts to set up, return to heat for 1-2 minutes to continue.

Using a string (I buy mine at the hardware store and they are about 2-3 inches in diameter. Fill the bear cavity as full as you can without ir running over. Let sit on counter for 30 minutes, put in fridge for 4 hours.

Remove from refrigerator, sprinkle a very light dusting of corn powder over the bears backs and turn out onto parchment paper or a paper towel that has also been dusted lightly with corn powder.

Let the bears sit out on the counter for about 3 days or until they are as firm as you’d like them. Makes approximately 10 gummy bears.

Note: I make 1/2 recipes at a time so I don’t have to rush and fill the molds because if you move too slow, the gelatin mixture will start to set up on you.

4 Likes

I have a high tolerance as well. I also have 2 kids. I don’t want to be to obvious.

Thank you for the help. I’m taking all the help I can get. Being new to creating Concentrates I don’t want to go into it with vague recipes and ideas from other people who claim to be experts and whatnot.

You could try making capsules. When I say high I mean 1 gram may last 15 minutes tops. When they give me morphine 4 adult doses its just a tickle to me.

I only get relief from smoking. You may also want to look at CBD strains. If you knew about Charlotte, she had 300 siezures a day till she smoked the one strain. It was 6 brothers that started growing and developed this strain which is named after Charlotte. If I remember correctly she has passed on.

3 Likes

I will check that out. Thank you. I wish you well and hope you find relief.

3 Likes

Are you telling me that you can get suspended from the free side yet still be able to go on the lab side God I haven’t known that I was just at long time ago so I could cuss out all them dumbass moderators who think their s*** don’t stink Oak s*** and going to get suspended again I just got back

1 Like

I’ve made hash oil from alcohol countless times if you have any questions I can walk you through step-by-step

Since you have to.pay for the lab side its alot more lax. The free and lab are independent of one another as far as i know

2 Likes

@Familyman Yup…they are two different beasts. The Lab you pay to play. Advantage is like trading seeds. Of course do this at your own risks.

For me The Lab is not very active at all. Unlike here its packed with posts daily. This side has way more rules. Which I don’t mind. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

The lab used to be great but now its dead. I find myself here more and more too.

3 Likes