Making CCO (Concentrated Cannabis Oil) at home

@DieHigh55

I make my oil with Already vaped bud. This makes it not as strong as if you were to make it with decarbonized weed. So if you want it stronger use fresh bud in place of Already vaped weed

Materials:
Coconut oil (either store bought melted or melt your own)
Crockpot
AVB or Fresh bud (You can use any amount, the ratio should be “just enough coconut oil to cover the herb completely”
Strainer / Cheescloth

Method:

1. Coconut oil solidifies below 76 F, so if its solid start by melting a small amount in your crockpot. Add finely ground or powdered herb. Then add just enough more coconut oil to cover the herb.

(I do the above in a mason jar. Then place mason jar in crockpot. I then fill the crockpot with water until just the mason jars starts to float. The jar should remain on the bottom of the crockpot.

1. Cook on low for 6-12 hours. The longer the more you extract. Just don’t let it start boiling obviously, keep temps low or medium

2. Let cool a little but strain with a cheesecloth or strainer while its still in liquid form.

3. Let harden and you have strong cannabis infused coconut oil. Keep in Mason Jar. Doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It should be the same texture as before but just green instead of white.

Can be used for stirfrys, eggs, baking, brownies, in coffee, in place of any oil basically.

8 Likes

tks for sharing @HJL

@AnneBonnyThank you for sharing this . My daughter has epilepsy and I would like to try this to see if it helps her .

3 Likes

I use the coconut oil in mine i may try the flower tho @HJL 3 is less then 10 lmao how long does the high last ? With the oil youll be feeling good 6 hours or so or at least i do lol
@Donaldj i have a while new level of respect for you after reading the last few posts
Good for you brother you really are one determined man :+1:many props

3 Likes

Thanks, this looks great and something I can handle!:+1:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

The high lasts at least 4 hours depending on how much yo ingest. It’s very hard to dose. I put a teaspoon in my coffee in the morning and that gets me through the work day. I don’t separate my vaped bud into strains i put it all together. Hmm I feel an experiment may be in order.

If you use fresh flower you can use the strain you like for the effect you want.

I use my already vape bud for all sorts of things. It has a burnt toast sort of taste. I’ll sprinkle it on almost anything.

I’ve been reading a lot about the most effective way to use medicinal canabis and the best way to absorb all cannabinoids. Apparently suppositories are the best way. That’s a whole other thread LMFAO. No pun intended.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I actually have heard the same thing lmfao @HJL
To funny i wont be trying it out tho lol i draw the line there hahaha
Yeah the abv bud is already decarbed so why not
I use my left over pucks from my rosin press to make oils and what not

1 Like

this is pure step-wise guide to making your own oil. thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing the recipes @AnneBonny !
I saw multiple different ways of making RSO, but this method is new to me. Even though I am not there (Making Oil) yet, but I print out this recipe and add it to my journal.

I hope you don’t mind answering my questions listed below!

Questions:

1. In the “Quick wash process”, you mentioned

Freeze flower/bud and everclear for 24 hours - I ground mine in the food processor first.

Do you ground buds in the food processor before you freeze or after it’s been in the freezer (right before you start making CCO process), then ground the buds?

1. You used 1oz of buds in the recipes and extract 4 x 1g syringes (Total 4g).
    So, if you use 1 pound of buds, you can possibly get 64g of CCO. (Of course, it’s just guesstimated and I understand how much oil you can get from the buds depends on the quality of the buds). I am growing 4 plants and I need 60g initially to start 2 months treatment process.

2. You mentioned you prefer Indica vs Sativa. Is this because of THC level or something else? Rick Simpson prefer Indica Strain also.

3. When you use fondue maker to cook liquid, do you use a fan to get rid of alcohol fume? Or Unlike Rice cooker, Fondue maker doesn’t have the opening at the bottom, thus, the fan is not necessary when using Fondue maker?

4. When the oil gets cool, is it easy to dispense the oil from the syringe? I have never seen the oil, so I can’t imagine the consistency after it’s been cooled-off.

5. Do you store CCO in the refrigerator or freezer?

6. Is there an expiration on CCO? I am not sure fresh batch has more potent THC than old ones and it should be used by the certain period of time.

7. Once CCO is made, can you put it in the gelatin capsules to store CCO in capsules instead of using syringes to store the CCO?

8. Do you have any use for the buds after 2 washes or is it pretty much consider garbage?

1 Like

I don’t mind at all @THCCBD

1 Like

@AnneBonny, I am sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia. I am also living with fibromyalgia and RLS (restless leg syndrome) over 20 years. I did know cannabis oil can help fibromyalgia, but I am focusing on for my husband’s cancer treatment at this time.

The state of IL is NOT cannabis-friendly State. My husband lives with a benign brain tumor since 1999. But Jan 2017, we found out it metastasized to bones, become a malignant stage 4 cancer and was told he has 4-6 months to live. Whether growing MJ is legal or not, I feel like I have to try it, discreetly of course. It’s been 18 months since the death sentence. He is doing better than last year, but the chemo treatment every 28 days is so tough on him. My husband applied for MMJ card, but he didn’t get the card yet. I heard it could take over 6 months to get them. And even if he gets his MMJ card, IL does not allow anyone to grow MJ at home, not even 1 plant for personal use.

My daughter lives in R.I. and offers us to come and stay at least for the treatment period. (bless her heart :slight_smile: ) but I still think I need to learn to grow MJ myself since I am pretty sure he will need it even beyond 2 months treatment.

I am so glad to be here to talk so openly about MJ without the fear or need to be discreet about the subject. Especially when I receive accurate, honest answers as you just did and other members, I feel there is the light at the end of the tunnel.

So, I thank you so very much for your detailed and thoughtful answers. Appreciate so much!

Do you want to hear something funny? I bought all the equipment to make the oil even before I received the seeds from ILGM. I have everything except for the buds! LOL. I’ve made Cannabis Oil thousands of times in my head, all different methods I read from the various sources. I feel like I can make it with my eyes closed. (Don’t worry, I will have my eyes wide open when its time to make the real stuff! )

6 Likes

Oh jeez @THCCBD I hear stories like yours and get so angry at big Pharma and politicians that would rather let people suffer than lose a few a bucks or some power. Because when it comes right down to it that’s what it’s all about.

I started using cannabis for my fibromyalgia when my body became toxic with all the pain and sleep meds I was on. Thankfully my rheumatologist
is forward thinking and decided it was my best next step. In the past 2 years I have gone from seeing him 4 times a year to now once a year. It sounds dramatic, I know, but it changed my life.

RI is actually very good when applications go in for cancer patients. They are expedited to the top of the pile. We have a friend who had his card in a matter of weeks. I can’t believe they would let him wait 6 months, that just seems insane to me. We also have caregiver cards which sounds like what you would need. It allows you (or your daughter if he was to come stay with her) to grow up to 12 plants or if you’re not growing to get access to the compassion centers to get his meds for him. What they don’t realize is the expense of having to purchase cannabis at a dispensary for something like RSO. It takes a lot of weed to make the quantity you need to treat cancer and if your not growing it yourself it’s ridiculous.

I also wanted to tag @MAXHeadRoom so you connect with him if you haven’t already. He has been using cannabis for his own treatments and may be able to offer some additional information you haven’t considered just from his own experience.

Will definitely keep you all in my prayers.~ AB

8 Likes

A lot of here came here because its still illegal. Im growing for self, hubby with ptst & my grandson who has spina bifida & horrible seizures. It was leagalized here for only one type of seizure & of course it doesnt apply. Now that ivr got him on CCO, he doesnt have to take the zombie prescribed for his seizures but still fill script due to doctors here arent cannabis friendly.
Any help you need let us know & we will either answer or hook you up to someone as awesome as @AnneBonny!

4 Likes

@Laurap, OMG! It is so good to hear cannabis is helping him. I am so hopeful when I hear the testimonial from the actual cannabis users. And I agreed everyone here is special and I am glad to hook up with @AnneBonny. I can surely learn a lot from her and many others who willing to help without prejudice.

4 Likes

I only want one thing for you. That this is working on hubby! If i may be of any assistance, dont hesitate to get in touch! The very best to you & family!
Happy Growing!

5 Likes

@AnneBonny Thanks for the post. Awesome information and it will be very helpful to me. I am going on RSO for my problems with my airway. It has been working well so far but is getting expensive to buy. Gotta get a good sized grow so I can get some quantity of oil that is large enough to keep me for a while.

2 Likes

@Laurap I am making oil for my vape. I believe I need to filter alcohol wash twice through coffee filters as I still have a bit of plant matter in vape tank and has now burnt my coil. I use the grape wax liquidizer. How much finish oil to liquidizer?

@Laurap I’m sorry, that was for @AnneBonny

1 Like

Thats ok, i would of tagged her as well. Lol

1 Like

@hornhead. I’m surprised you’re still getting plant matter. When you filter it are you going into a glass container so you can see it? Mine goes through the un-bleached coffee filter that I put in a funnel and it comes out a very light green but clean (with no plant matter). Are you freezing everything before doing the rinse? I freeze the flower (after I put it through the food processor), the alcohol and the container I’m mixing it in.

For vape juice I use either Farm to Vape or Wax Liquidizer brands with a ratio of 1ml of CCO to 2 ml of vape liquid.

3 Likes