Making Butter / Oil

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

"Plan now is turn both of the dried plants (the flowery one and the seedy one) into butter or oil but unfamiliar with the process.

So my Question now is re: Adding Lecithin to improve desirous properties (faster/more intense response, shorter duration) in butter/oil… When using lecithin is it the lecithin powder, lecithin granules or lecithin liquid? Each seems to transfer or bind different things. Which is best to use in making butter/oil? "

I use coconut oil and sunflower lecithin powder… awesome

1 Like

I’m with @Happygro I use the sunflower lecithin when I make butter, oil or honey.

1 Like

i have only ever added lecithin to vegetable glycerin when i’m making an infusion. since the thc is fat soluble i don’t really see the need to add it. this is merely a personal preference! lecithin is mainly used as a thickening agent/emulsifier, it lowers the viscosity of oils/fats and works much better at room temperature and in conjunction with something like xanthan gum. i use these all the time when making dressings or to thicken something without using heat. and i promise i’m not trying to sound like a know it all, or anything like that, it’s just that i cook for a living and have had experience using, what we call, industrial ingredients. hope that helps to answer your question!
that being said, if you do decide to use it, i would suggest the powder as it will dissolve a little better.

1 Like