Making Babies (making seeds) with colloidal silver

I mean separate the male plants you get that show phenos you like.

1 Like

You can do it. I just did it and also my Auto got seriously crop dusted from my male landrace Tora Bora. Plenty of seeds. Maybe will get around 400+ seeds. Not all will be viable but that is ok. I know off the first bud site had 5 or 6 mature seeds. :+1::+1::+1:

I had a Lemon Haze Auto crossed with my Landrace Tora Bora male. No idea on a name yet.

4 Likes

Lol! I get it now.

I’m already thinking of my indoor grow. I can only grow 1 plant at a time. :frowning:

1 Like

MR P - did you do any seeds of tora bora [ both ma & pa being TB ] ?

Keep me updated on this haha

I’ve been painting that one branch every night at sundown. I’ve only missed two nights.

The plant has gotten larger than I expected it to get already.

She’s been shooting pistils for a few weeks now. Still no balls.

So tonight she’s starting a 36 hr period of darkness in order to induce flowering.

The dark room for plants on 12/12 is suddenly available, so I think that’s where she’ll sleep at night until her balls drop.

2 Likes

do the phases of the moon have any bearing on the hopeful results ?

1 Like

Where you going to keep him after the darkness? Pollen can travel like a jet plane.

2 Likes

I’ve got three remote locations picked out to take Zero.

Each of them are 2+ miles away.

When her nanners appear, I’ll take her somewhere that she can let her freak flag fly. When the nanners are starting to bust open, I’ll cover her with a trash bag and shake her real good to get the pollen all over her baby buds. Probably do that three or four times. And after that, I’ll cut off the male branch, bury it there, and let her set for a few more days.

After I’m sure that she’s good and pollinated all over, I’ll spray the hell out of her to wash off any residual pollen and wait another week before washing her off again and bringing her home.

2 Likes

@James68 Good question. I haven’t thought about the moon since I didn’t read about how the moon might effect this situation.

I’ll start paying attention to that.

I didn’t plan on having to induce flowering. But she’s gotten so big so fast, that I need to keep her a manageable size and weight for transport and concealment. I don’t want her any bigger than she has to be.

Hopefully, she will pass those genetics down in her seeds!

2 Likes

I have always planted by the moon and used the internal circadian rhythm of my pot , it also helps me with my ganga calculation re: Harvest !

My gals look fabulous bathed in the light of the full moon the day before I wield my poor overworked scissors… :full_moon_with_face: :crossed_swords:

2 Likes

this may be of interest to you

1 Like

After a month of 12/12, here’s where we are at.

My bottle of colloidal silver is about empty. When I do finish it, I’m probably just gonna let her be and see what happens. I thought the pollen sacs would show by now. I do t see anything at all.

She’s a good looking plant though.

9/5

5 Likes

Zero had to come home early from her foster home. She had bud rot pretty bad. This is all I have left from her. I sure like that color though.

There has been no indication of any pollen sacks forming on the branch that I was painting with colloidal silver.

My plan is to let this plant go on for as long as she can. I won’t harvest her. Maybe she’ll herm and pollinated herself…

10/20

3 Likes

I think zero has a chance

1 Like

:joy:

2 Likes

Oh! I forgot about this thread. Ummm… Zero got thrown out a week or two ago. I was kind of ignoring her since she wasn’t going to be harvested. I was waiting for some (ANY!) sign of sex change on that one branch, or hermaphrodism, or anything. But when I finally got around to checking one day, she was covered with bud rot. I honestly didn’t give two sh!ts about the plant and the entire thing went in the trash can.

If I ever try this again, I’ll be a lot less careful. Instead of targeting one branch and being surgical with application of a paint brush, I’ll target a section of the plant and apply the SC with a small spray bottle.

Maybe it was bad CS that I purchased from amazon, but this project was much more of a time suck than I thought it was going to be. Even though I knew that she was never to be harvested, I’m kinda pissed that I got nothing out of it.

1 Like

That sucks bro.

1 Like