Making an organic super soil - Australia

Hey everyone, im from Australia away from cities so its hard to get resources but ive found Dr Greenthumbs organic super soil mixture that i will be trying with 10litres each of coco, perlite and worm castings. Just wondering if anybody has used this and how their grow turned out, any info will be absorbed thank you

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, I’m from South Australia.
Look for a product called Great White, it’s beneficial bacteria and fungi.
Also look for Cyco Zyme, an enzyme that breaks down dead organic material and turns it into nutes for the plant, it also breaks down complex sugars into simple ones to feed the plant.
Use black strap molasses at 1tsp per 6 liters to feed the microbes.

4 Likes

Can’t really help out, just wanted to Welcome you to ILGM forum.

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM!

1 Like

Thank you, looking forward to learning, have bought seeds for friends from this site for 4 years now. Good to finally get to a point in life where i can grow myself and enjoy the wonderful plant.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

The only person I can think of to ask is @garrigan62

2 Likes

I wanna see how this works for you

1 Like

They produce a really nice soil ,but just remember the mix is a bit hot might need to let it settle or admend it ,but end result was very nice happy growing :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum . I’m in QLD .

2 Likes

Down south here :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks man, is 4-6 weeks about the cook time and just check the ph levels frequently after that?

I will be making a journal once all my ingredients have arrived and i have setup. Very keen to share and learn off everybody :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this guy the guru or something? :slight_smile: i seen his name pop up everywhere!
Will give his recipes a look over for sure

With this Cyco Zyme, would i add that to my hot mixture before i cook it to help my organic material to break down?

Yeah let it settle for 4 to 6 weeks just keep checking pH don’t get it too wet ,I’m cooking up my own now :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Yes add it all to cook together

Awesome cheers man. 1 more thing, when my soil is cooked and my plant is strong enough to put in, what nutrients do i continue to feed it? I want to try my best to feed the plant what it needs and not try be stingey on the feeding periods for laziness but i do understand sometimes you need to just let them grow.

Well the soil I make I use a compost tea for veg then alter it for flower ,but you don’t have to feed too heavy the soil does all the work ,all depends on what your trying to achieve with your grow ,I like to keep it simple an organic ,but you could feed heavy an see how it goes

Also depends on the strain you have some are just thirsty girls some are just happy with the simple life :laughing::call_me_hand: