Make'in garrigans micro tea

@garrigan62 my micro tea is more yellow than white I’m worried I screwed it up

3 Likes

your fine, just let it sit now and it should change. But ya you got it my friend. I keep thinking the same thing when I first mad it only I didn’t have anyone to talk to about my concerns. ut hey it worked out just fine. go ahead and take two mi to a qt of water and water your plants with it. you won’t hurt your plants they’ll love you for it.

That other one I mad I sprayed a plant with it and she was turning yellow on me and with’in 5 days she was back to normal. no chemicals needed awesome stuff.
that other tea AACT is some awesome stuff my friend. you need to make that next
and with two tea’s to give your plants you can forget the nutrients you have.
Plus we need to get you making your own soil. Then your be all organic. your pot will smoke easier, taste awesome and keep you higher longer

4 Likes

Hey @garrigan62 hope all is well with ya, how did it go on the march 25th? Did you have another thread for that?
I need some info on my next grow with the mix. I plan on using a 7 gallon fabric pot, horticulture store sells wider, lower profile pots and the other kind I use are higher ( only a few inches ) but taller, I am trying to gauge the roots, I feel like I am shooting in the dark and hoping for the best. I think fill the pot 1/2 way with mix and the other half with roots organics using the wider pot because the roots grow more outward the downward. I plan on 6 week veg.
Do I amend the top portion (veg) soil to help with calmag? I plan on using a tespoon of epsom salt per week in watering seems that helps big time just before and after switch to prevent magnesium sulfate deficiency , which seems at that time it needs a bunch more, then back off on week 3 of flower and should be good. But that is in veg, not flower, once in flower we supposed to just water till end. I like the easy peasy tea with the worm castings. The organic horticulture store has a big contraption at the front door brewing away, you bring your own 1 gal. jug and he will fill it for you for free. I haven’t tried that yet as I am entering this organic world now with only one grow under my belt and that one was a big learning curve getting out of old habits with synthetics. Happy Growin !

@zparkie2

I posted this to show you that the epson salt is in the recipe And for get the calmag don’t need it and won’t.
I also posted it thinking it mite help you with the ammounts seeing that your’er using large pots keep me posted ok

@garrigan65’s soil recipe:
Full Recipe
8 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics soil or a high-quality organic
potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tablespoons powdered humic acid

1/2 Recipe
4 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics
12.5 to 25 lbs of organic worm castings
2.5lbs steamed bone meal
2.5lbs bloom bat guano
2.5lbs blood meal
1.5lbs rock phosphate
3/8 cup or 6 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1 tablespoon powdered humic acid

1/4 Recipe
2 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal
1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano
1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid

1/8 Recipe
1 1.5 cubic ft bag of Roots Organics
3.125 to 6.25 lbs of organic worm castings
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces steamed bone meal
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces bloom bat guano
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces blood meal
3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid

This better
Soil Recipe to be mixed with 1 to 1/1/2 cu ft of base soil

.3125 lb or 5 oz Fishbone Meal 3-16-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Steamed Bone Meal 2-14-0

.625 lb or 10 oz Bat Guano 0-7-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Blood Meal 13-0-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Feather Meal 12-0-0

.375 lb or 6 oz Colloidal Rock Phosphate 0-3-0

1 tbsp Potassium Sulfate 0-0-53

1 tbsp Souluble Kelp Powder 0-0-17

1 tbsp Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)

3/4 tsp Powdered Humic Acid (90 % pure)

1 1/2 tbsp Epsom Salt

1tbsp Sweet Lime (Dolomite)

1 tbsp Asomite (Trace Elements)

6.25 lbs Worm Castings

Check this post out by AAA and you’ll be saying the same thing … lol

1 Like

Yes, I read that one, my mix has been sitting out on the porch outside for weeks now, I am getting ready to drop some seeds.thumb

1 Like

Do you use this brew in addition to you super soil? How often is it used? It won’t cause my plants in super soil to get burned will it?

No it will not harm your plants. Your plant will thank you and if ya want to, once or Twice a month. So just a keep on keeping on …lol

2 Likes

Got any brand preference or links for getting the good fish stuff?

You know I do … lol

I um

https://www.amazon.com/Down-Earth-723708-Powder-Fertilizer/dp/B00VJN972O/ref=sr_1_7?crid=B44VAYW4VCVZ&keywords=fish+powder+fertilizer&qid=1560919728&s=gateway&sprefix=fish+powder%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-7?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Thank you sir

I’em just sorry it took so long. Some times I get busy at home too. lol

Say do you visit the Weedpatch in Weedville at all ?

Is that where Sasquatch lives?

Yes, that’s where he lives I just got him real good it starts at Post # 84 and I replied to it so my post is the last one, check it out FUNNY AS HELL

I saw that! Too funny. That’s how I knew about the jack links actor.

@garrigan62 . What are your thoughts on using supersoil as raw material for a tea brew?

Would I just need to add molasses?

AAA,

Better yet my friend, Nothing but the best… What you need is >>>>

Some growers use worm castings as the sole basis for their tea. While this is certainly a viable option to brew tea, worms are predominately a bacterial organism, and do not contain some of the levels of beneficial organisms, such as fungi, nematodes, protozoa, ciliates, etc. that provide vital benefits to plants and gardens. Worms sequester bacteria in their gut in order to work their magic, like termites use fungi to digest the wood they eat. To brew better tea, use worm castings along with a balanced hu- mus product. Food sources include molasses, kelp, fish and bat guano. Recipes vary, some may recom- mend up to 16 tablespoons of molasses per 5 gallons of water, others only 1 tablespoon. Two recipes:
Bacterial Dominant Tea:
1.5 pounds (700g) bacterial compost or vermicompost
3-4 tablespoons (45-60ml) liquid black strap molasses
4 teaspoons (23g) dry soluble kelp or 2 tablespoons of liquid kelp
3-4 teaspoons (15-20ml) fish emulsion
Fungal Dominant Tea:
2 pounds (900g) fungal compost
3-4 tablespoons (50ml) humic acids
2 teaspoons (10ml) yucca extract
4 teaspoons (23g) dry soluble kelp or 2 tablespoons of liquid kelp 4-5 teaspoons (20-25ml) fish hydrolysate
Fish-based fertilizers are obtained in two forms, fish solubles known as emulsions, or enzymatic di- gested fish known as hydrolysates. Fish hydrolysate is cold processed (minced, enzymatically digested and liquefied) to preserve proteins for quick turnover by microbes into nutrients. Emulsions are created using heat; this removes valuable ingredients and denaturing nutrients. While both forms can benefit a compost tea, hydrolysates retain the natural oils from the fish that are a very potent fungal food.
Mineral catalysts: Catalysts, as we know, change the speed of a reaction. It‘s important to understand that microbes work indirectly via chemical decomposition. Bacteria don‘t chew on a banana peel in a compost pile, they offer up an enzyme (biological catalyst) that works to chemically break it down. En- zymes are specialty proteins that work like keys to a lock for important biochemical reactions within living organisms, plants and people included. All enzymes incorporate a single molecule of a trace min- eral—such as manganese, copper, iron or zinc—without which an enzyme cannot function. We all know the benefits of adding enzymes but not many growers know that you get free enzymes from microbes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the write up.

So would you say I could use the supersoil at the same ratio as castings, then add kelp and molasses per ratio/recipe?

Not the super soil you made, But start with the worm castings as your base and add from there.

I’ve been making teas based on your recipe and some of the Revs recipe. Just thought it would be extra convenient to use the supersoil I have in trash cans.

Do you think there would be any issues trying it?

And thank you for your help!