Make or female?

Hi guys can anybody tell me if this auto white widow is a male or female or both and what should I do with it

Sure we can, as soon as you post a picture and the plant is old enough we should be able to tell. The sex should be near the canopy. Or close to the top. @Pati

2 Likes

Sorry mate I’m new to the forem I’m trying to load the picks

1 Like

So far it looks like a female. Post another pic in a few days, but I don’t see any seed pods for now.

4 Likes

Hi Pati,
I don’t believe we have spoken before. Welcome.

It’s a female and since it’s an auto it will always b a female unless u do something serious to hermie it. Autos don’t hermie that easily. Good luck

3 Likes

Thanks for the nice welcome :+1:I’m was just a little worried cause the top looks female and the lower branch does look like a Ball sack. Cheers for your help it’s my first autos but have been growing for around five years

1 Like

Yep it’s female @Pati you’re doing great. Welcome to ILGM, hope you stay awhile.

2 Likes

The bottom ones are just swollen calyxes. They will turn into pistils soon. She’s getting ready to flower. Congrats!

1 Like

hi there I’m still little worried about my little plant I’ve sent more clear pictures of the top that looks like a female and half way on the plant just looks weird.bit worried cause i have 5 other plants in there so i worry that i will turn them all to male’s.so any advice will be much help.cheers pati

@Pati it’s possible that it’s a hermaphrodite displaying some parts of both sex. If, this is the same plant as the top, it’s both male and female. If pistils don’t come out of those like the top ones, you’ll either have to pluck them off, or kill the whole thing. It’s up to you. Maybe one plant missing isn’t a problem. Hope this helps.
@Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

Pati. Your plant is female. Those calyxes will swell like that before producing female pistils. Unless u see what looks like a bunch of bananas it’s just premature female parts. Maybe this will help image

Also look here this is what u r seeing image

5 Likes

Yeah I would agree with @anon95385719 and @Covertgrower they look swollen just make sure they don’t group up into sacks of nuts so far so good I have had them the size of peas

2 Likes

Thanks @Hogmaster didn’t want to steer someone wrong. Sorry all for any confusion I may of caused.

No reason to apologize :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the great advice I ended up cutting them off I was just to worried about the girl next door.

2 Likes

She is beautiful

2 Likes

I’m hoping this is a female

1 Like

1 Like

Looks feminine to me @Cajunboy777