Make heat go away I one easy step

Side note the purple caused welder burn to my eyes one day I was doing a shoot. Forgot glasses.

One more photography thing. If poly blocks uv then why did I have to pay $1,000 for the ir filter? I should’ve used poly. This filter only allows it to pass blocking uv and white. Just pointing out it cost tons to block. My uv one is rare and cost twice.
Again not fighting just figuring out. @MacGyverStoner
I just like figuring out stuff.

The red and purple colors associated with UV or IR would be what they might appear to the naked eye.

Yes, as you stated with the yellows and greens representing various UV by your one camera picture, the color used to represent a band or spectrum of any humanly invisible part of the electromagnetic spectra can be shown as any color as determined by the camera’s film’s properties or the digital software’s programming.

As to how much of the useable beneficial UV that is lost through the polycarbonate might still not be accurately represented by these pictures. Nonetheless, your experiments here will be interesting and fun.

As the exact UV spectrum that is beneficial for cannabis hasn’t been exactly determined, and the the percentage of loss through the polycarbonate might not be very accurately determinable with these cameras, it will be hard to say how useful the information acquired here will be.

Just because polycarbonate blocks most UVA and UVB, this doesn’t have anything to do with how much or if it blocks IR, totally different ends of the electromagnetic spectrum, very very different wavelengths.

~MacG

1 Like

It’s all good. Going to run and see. For me it’s worth the heat. Never had issues with coral grown under plexie, so I’m going to do an experiment. I’m going to run same plants, same lights, soil and everything in 2 tents. One with and one without and let the plant tell her story.

Oh @MacGyverStoner have an awesome day filled with fun and soil

Also, something to consider, some growers get so frugal when it comes to getting every amount of light out of their lights, many will remove even the plain glass from their lights or refuse to use closed cooled hoods with with glass panels in their HID lights because of the minimal lumen or PAR loss.

I would like to see any scientific tests and related articles here on the specifics of this subject.

If anyone knows of any please do link them here.

happy growing, learning, and experimenting,

MacG

1 Like

@MacGyverStoner totally.

I too count watts, just don’t like really high heat.

Just noticed that 2 have plastic and Mars is glass, I think.

I have marshydro, galaxyhydro, viparspectra and cob LEDs

2 Likes

Why so many different light brands …?

1 Like

Because he’s the mad scientist @yoshi lol.

2 Likes

I’m using different ones to cover the different spectrums that they put off. Galaxyhydro is more red, cob deep purple, marshydro is not so deep red, so with this, this kinda copies the sun with a wider spectrum coverage. The sun has many different, so why don’t I imitate the sun?

1 Like

I found when breeding corals they thrived better when I used different companies mh bulbs. So I’m doing same here