Make heat go away I one easy step

High all

I’ve been dealing with heat in my tent, so I looked and my clf boxes. They got so hot I had to keep them seperated see pics

The flower just has lexan whereas the veg is in a box, so I went to lowes bought lexan 30x36 no need to cut that 3 inches around 2 sides will be enough for blower to suck up.
So now the heat is contained and the 2 out vents above can now just suck heat. There is an ac in under lexan. Yes I’m prob losing some, but I’m getting 2 600w to put in here. When done I’ll have 916w total. Taking some out. So heat was an issue. This is what an injured/vacation construction worker does.
Hope this helps. I try to figure stuff out and make cheap so I can help others

Have an awesome day with loads of fun

2 Likes

Oh heat was running 88 and now back down to 81 for high

I have no idea what you’re trying to explain here lol, could you maybe explain it to me better?

I’m slow sometimes :v:

2 Likes

why so many lights how about 1 HPS 1000 WATTS I SEE HOW YOU COULD HAVE HEAT PROBLEMS IN THAT SMALL TENT :sunglasses:

1 Like

@ktreez420 its basically a piece of plexi glass creating a decide between heat and cold. The edges allow cold air from down up and the heat is out. This way the heat only stays in the top allowing more lights without frying babies.

@livewire61 I dislike hps and mh. I had a coral reef tank 180g. It had 5 250mh 2 175 true 10,000k and 1 600w hps. I like these they are simple and I just don’t want to see their glow. This tank was at my last house for 10 year and others for years. I wonder how many bulbs I’ve bought. Oh and that burn as you brush the bulb. Nope. No thank you

Sorry about my coral pictures just showing what I grew.

@ktreez420 here’s a pic of the plexi and this collects the heat here.

And here is the temp under the plexi.

Just showing you can cram light into small space and not cook it. I love making things better.

2 Likes

Ah hah, now I get it! That’s an awesome setup dude! Very smart :v:

I grow with a 1000 watts of led in a 2x2x5 tent .

Nice closed hood for the CFLs, and separating the LEDs is not a bad idea, necessarily, either to keep temps at the plants’ canopy low.

Something to think about, polycarbonate like plexi-glass filters out, or blocks, nearly 100% UV radiation.

There is quite a bit of evidence some UV light increases trichome swelling and increases THC potency, this is why many LEDs make note of adding some UV to their over-all spectrum.

And this is also why many LED grows are supplemented with fluorescent lights, as often some UV light (from the way they work – the mercury vapor inside fluorescent tubes glows with a lot of UV radiation from the electrical current flowing through it, and the white “paint” coating the inside of the glass tube is supposed to filter out all or most of the UV and has phosphors contained in the paint that glow in the color spectrum of choice in UV light, i.e. 2700K, 5500K or 6500K etc) – some UV light, especially as the bulb ages and the “paint” inside degrades, the bulb starts to dim and more UV is able to get through the “paint”. And so many LED users will supplement with older florescent bulbs, or even buy easily found UV specific florescent bulbs normally used for reptile aquariums.

Happy Growing,

MacG

2 Likes

What if you use a couple of these under the glass

Once again you earned it.

1 Like

Awesome…

I’m going to shoot my uv and ir cameras to see. Not fighting just going to see. Yes I am a profressional photographer and have uv cameras and ir cameras.

1 Like

waiting for gear to charge, so here are some 100% UV images that I took. I will prove the facts and all the facts.

like I said not fighting, just want proof

4 Likes

Those are amazing can’t wait to see…so mad scientist and photographer / cannabis farmer…Jack of all trades impressed doc

3 Likes

I get you are not trying to fight or argue, but the UV filtering properties of polycarbonate are well known.

Optically transparent means that is does not filter visible, but UV light is not considered visible light.

From the wiki article:

“Polycarbonate is commonly used in eye protection, as well as in other projectile-resistant viewing and lighting applications that would normally indicate the use of glass, but require much higher impact-resistance. Polycarbonate lenses also protect the eye from UV light. Many kinds of lenses are manufactured from polycarbonate, including automotive headlamp lenses, lighting lenses, sunglass/eyeglass lenses, swimming goggles and SCUBA masks, and safety glasses/goggles/visors including visors in sporting helmets/masks, and police riot gear (helmet visors, riotshields, etc.).”

The arguable area is exactly how much UV helps or hurts the plant. And which bands or spectrum of UV are more harmful or more beneficial to THC and trichome swelling. And how much of these spectrum a normal fluorescent light would actually provide for the plants.

Those other UV bulbs shown from amazon by @Usmcjojo could be a option, but then you are just adding more electricity and watts, and potentially some heat. And I’m not entirely sure black light UV is in the correct spectrum for THC production, however, this spectrum should be relatively safe for human eyes, unlike much of the UV spectra.

Happy growing,

MacG

1 Like

this is 3 different uv lights and one ir. these are the only lights. this camera is full spectrum.so i see no loss of light. i am a photographer. the only wat to block uv is black and to stop ir it is purple. this is the only way to stop uv. i go by real use, images don’t lie

When LEDs turn on I’ll shoot it

What is seen in the image, even if it is a camera that can “see” UV, this doesn’t mean the proper spectrum of UV is getting through the poly-carbonate.

It is a plain simple scientific fact that polycarbonate is a pretty strong UV filter. There is no debate. Even as a photographer, you apparently need to do more research into the field of UV light and polycarbonate plastics.

Also, Ultra Violet lights, if you can see any light coming from them at all, they are the ones that actually look purple, not unlike a fluorescent black light tube when on, in fact violet is another name for a shade of purple. And infra-red, it is usually un-see-able from LED emitting diodes in the full “visual” spectrum, however some infra-red that contain near infra-red light in the radiation spectrum they put out will look red, after all that is why it is called infra-red.

Most cameras that can see IR or UV will show them as green or white. This is why most night vision goggles’ imagery appears green. With a full spectrum camera that is designed to make images that are color accurate in “full spectrum” for the human eye, in these cameras that are capable of seeing UV or IR, this will most often show as mostly white in the standard resulting image.

~MacG

3 Likes

It’s all good not fighting just trying fight just having fun experimenting. Tonight I’ll use my canon 1ds mark ii converted to shoot only uv. Cost a ton to do and can see above what it shoots. This is true uv and the purple, yellow and green are different wave lengths of uv. The spectrum is rather large. See above pics to see how much color is in the uv spectrum.

I went from low 90’s down to 81 with this