Major light cycle change

Ok folks, this ones for the pros. I’m a beginner with half-a-dozen grows over the years under the belt both indoor and out. I currently have some feminized seeds flowering in the first couple weeks stage. About 13 hours of light. Comes on at 7 p.m. goes off at 7 a.m. I want to put them outside. I was thinking I pulled them out before the light comes on about 6:30 p.m. and it’s dark then outside, leave them outside overnight and let them start getting the natural sun in the morning the next morning of course. Sunrise is about 710 am and sunset about 610pm. Thoughts, are they gonna be really upset for a few days? Will the be ok? Or just avoid at all cost? Any vetrans out there with solid advice would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks in advance.

Search the site on hardening off.

1 Like

Just extend the dark cycle, and they’ll be fine.

1 Like

Is hardening off even possible with my inside light cycle comes on at 7pm and off at 8am, it’s completely opposite of the natural sun light hours right now outside. The more I think about it, I better just leave them inside. It’s just too off on hours I think. If it doesn’t kill them, it will probably stunt bud production severely.

Can’t mess with inside light cycle for other girls in there.

Two grows ago I changed the cycle of my plants, and I simply added dark. Moved the cycle from 7p-7a to 7a-7p, because I wanted to be able to work with them in the mornings. Had zero issues.

1 Like

No kidding, wow. Very cool. So they are about 2 weeks into flowering. And they are going from inside to outside. So tonight I will take them outside of grow room before lights come on. And add tonight’s darkness outside. The let them get natural outside light cycle. Should be fine 100%. Ill go for it.

1 Like

Right on and thanks by the way. The are very resilient plants in general

They’ll do great. I was in week 2 (or 3) when I changed. And last year @pr had to put his girls in a dark trailer for a couple of days due to “life circumstances”, and he had a great harvest as well. I don’t remember what week of flower, but I think it was later.

1 Like

Ya, sounds like you had a lot going on. Sounds like it didn’t affect your grow much. Right on thank you👊

1 Like

Week 6 flower ! End of 6. Oh i remember it well ! Under the cover of darkness. If you remember, they actually took off, while in that dark, hot trailer.
So @Balls2wall , you should be just fine. Best to you and the grow brother.:v:

You guys are awesome. It’s all looking promising, we got keep up the good luck/work​:pray::+1::grin:

1 Like

Yeah, before i drug my plants out of there comfort zone, light schedule, etc, i was worried sick. But after consulting with my go to people, found out the light change is not imminent doom. I went from almost 7th week of 12/12, indoors, to 48 + hrs dark in a hot cargo trailer, and then back. Didnt miss a beat. I missed a beat, but they didnt ! You got this.

2 Likes

So cool. Oh yeah I got this, I figured I could the whole time, just need some reassurance, they’re gonna be happy I’m sure. Especially with all this advice and support, they can already feel the good vibrations.

2 Likes