Mainlining to 16. Dinafem Purple Orange cbd/ Dinamed cbd plus

@Not2SureYet this stuff will repair it? That’s awesome! Thanks for the tip I will go downstairs right now and give it a shot. How many days do you think it takes to repair?

2 Likes

It’s gonna be several and you’ll probably have to do some re applying

2 Likes

@TDubWilly I’ll stay patient and keep an eye on when to re apply. I already went through the acceptance phase of losing that branch so to hear that there is still hope just made my day! Very thankful to have you guys watching along.

2 Likes

These are tough little animals. I split stems often and over look them when mainlining. I have had good luck with them repairing them selves. :grin:

2 Likes

Main lining is a high stress training technique …y u chose that route I dunno I once choose it and will never waste that much time on a single plant ever again lol it didnt do anything the lst plants topped 1nce didnt same equal couldnt tell any difference in equal bud quality and all …just cool to look at and say you did but honestly not worth the time and they turn out to he ugly in the end cuz there so heavy falling over lol

these are all from same run and all the bud was damn near equal

4 Likes

Like I said before @fano_man I am a hobby grower playing with different techniques. I had a good crop out this summer so I have plenty of time to try out mainlining. It’s faster to drive places but some people choose to walk because they enjoy it…

6 Likes

I always liked the idea of it because it was more hands on. I am just a hobby grower my self. It is rare that i even sample any of what I grow. I am setting a tent up just to try mainlining again. I gave up on my first attempt. i did learn a few things on what not to do for the next round :grin:

1 Like

Personally I am loving it. I am learning more about these two strains in this grow than my two previous grows. Is is also very cool to notice hormonal pathways quickly change and these tiny branches thicken up so fast. At first I wanted to try mainlining to personally test yield and quality against lst and scrog. But this feels more like creating art and is very enjoyable as a hobby. I might just stick to mainlining for a while. It is definitely not efficient, not at all. But I am having the most fun growing while practising it.

2 Likes

@fano_man also if I’m seeing things correctly then this is your mainline plants yes?

If I am seeing things right this looks more like a top and tie method. Mainline is the idea of keeping all lines from the main stem as even as possible to distribute nutrients, carbs, hormones etc to every part of the plant. What I’m seeing in that picture is four stems connected to the main? It needs to be only two lines from the main.

2 Likes

Day 31: I have lost the broken stem off the purple orange plant.

Lesson learned, I will now wait a couple of days after cutting to begin tie downs… I am going to try and jack up the right side and see where it goes. I have cut the right side at the second node and have taken the tie off in hopes that it will redirect vertically.

This one will be an interesting finish!

Dinamed cbd plus still looking like she should. Will cut at the third node on each side when she is ready.

5 Likes

It’s also feeding day. I’m going to bump them up to 3/4 strength this feed. I know it sounds like a lot but these plants both with a 60% Sativa dominance tend to get very hungry around this point of life…

Tap water: ph: 7.18 ppm: 143

After Nutrients: ph: 6.11 ppm: 998 (yes I know, very high!) 885ppm coming from nutrients

After ph down: ph: 5.83 ppm: 1014… 16ppm from ph down

2 Likes

To try and avoid breaks in the future then first massage the area of the stem your attempting to bend.

By alternating between massaging and bending you should be able avoid breaks

4 Likes

I always thought this guy did a great job on his very first main line A.K.A.- fluxing

Should be some good reading for you @Daves.not.here

2 Likes

What a beautiful and impressive mainline. Although it won’t be the exact route I am taking I will definitely want to try this style next. His results are what i am hoping to achieve. Short, even, and bigger colas.

1 Like

Actually that’s a fim got a perfect 4 peice top this is the life of the mainline …from clone now not a seed mainline where you can get true symmetry but I think I did a good job of making a clone grow like that

this was the second main line I had going simultaneously that took a spill and I literally lost the entire other side of the plant only half lined lol you can see the scar where the other half was

1 Like

My mistake! I’m sure you learned a lot about those plants in the journey though

1 Like

That was my second grow quite comical when I look back land lord stumbled on my shed grow and eventually got evicted over the shit when the building sold nosy new maintenance dude snitched me out got the shed plants to my boys asap and put 3 secrets dead bolts on my front door incase he wanted to enter when I wasent home cuz I had the whole 5xt closet lit up lololol

still going while all these got found and moved over here outside and that’s the day they began flower almost exactly a year ago lol I push stuff to limit sometimes lol

2 Likes

I designated that whole period of growing to learning aand experimenting and seeing what’s worth it and what’s not what I can do and what’s worth doing … mainline are cool if u got alot of money to buy weed while your plants grow cuz all that topping and tried ing takes a hot minute and not to mention ALOT of extra mainenence… that was before I was even bothering to check ph lol so I learned alot then but I learned even more between the time that grow finished up and the next time I dropped beans cuz during the move I lost momentum and eventually was plantless seedless cloneless and weedless and was months before I got my hands back on seeds which are the seed that started this whole grow then I got so many seeds I didnt know what to do with em…all i know anytime u drop a seed ur in for a long haul imo… I’m into this cloning i got the space for alot of small plants so that’s y my style has changed i want quality and in a quick turnaround

1 Like

Thanks for the compliments @TDubWilly. I credit my success to much research and lots of help from the forum.

3 Likes

Day 35:
Dinamed cbd plus is doing great, growing nicely showing no signs of too much stress.

She has now been topped again at the third node of both ends. Cleaned up everything else on the girl except for the last two fan leaves.

My purple orange doesn’t want to play nice… I am learning just how brittle these girls can be. Before I bent the new branches I lightly massaged them. The one branch seemed a lot more pliable after and tied down easy, the next branch decided to snap before even bending. There was no saving her…

I am left with a Frankenstein plant… This girl just doesn’t want to mainline so I am going to leave her for a while to grow and maybe tie down gently as she gets older… it will be interesting to see what she turns into…

Luckily I took a clone from her when I first topped. She is starting to root, maybe I’ll get a little more bud out of her if she grows in time…
image image

4 Likes