Mainlining to 16. Dinafem Purple Orange cbd/ Dinamed cbd plus

One of the best features of these lights is the daisy chain capabilities. You can chain together up to 1000 watts safely.

3 Likes

Up to 1000 watts …cute … I just tripped a double 20 amp breaker on light alone 2500 watt of qbs had to pull extension cord from ither side if the house

Not trying to compete brother! I know it’s child’s play, just thought it was a good feature for a cheap blurple light.

1 Like

No I’m totally just kidding I’m sorry u dont know me well I ment no harm sorry dude I thought about after I wrote it said hope he dont take that wrong no I just had the problem of my breakers being to small I was saying in other words thought it was a mime stone in my eyes lol

3 Likes

No harm done man! It’s all love! I would like to see your setup, do you have a grow log or anything going on this forum??

2 Likes

I’ll tag you in

2 Likes

Day 24: first cuts.
NOTE: I completely forgot to put my light glasses over the camera lense. I apologize!

It’s finally cut day! Let’s take a look at the girls first:
Purple Orange cbd is looking great. Strong, happy and healthy standing about 6 1/2 inches tall with about 6-7 nodes. This girl will be chopped at the third node.

Dinamed cbd plus is not growing as fast (as usual) standing about four inches tall. She has six nodes VERY close together. I am going to chop her at the fourth node.

1 Like

Very basic cutting and trimming. Everything has been taken off except for the fan leaves at the new top nodes.

Purple orange cbd:

Dinamed cbd plus:

Nothing has been tied down as of yet. I cut a bunch of soft ties and placed them on the fan leaves and new tiny growth to weigh them down.

After everything was cleaned up I gave the girls a 1/4 strength feed. Humidity still sitting between 74-78% with temperatures keeping at around 26 Celsius. That’s all for now!

3 Likes

Those are main lines for shizzle I did a mainline takes to long in my opinion and u can get same results with simple lst

2 diff main lines 1 fin 1 topped

3 Likes

Yea my last crop (could have been much better without humidity issues) was lst and scrog
I’m a hobby grower for my girlfriend and I. The mix of cbd/thc really helps with an autoimmune disease she has and keeps my anxiety issues from consuming my life. We had a pretty decent harvest this summer so I have the time to mainline these girls for the winter and compare results for myself.

3 Likes

Some nice plants there. I tried a main line once. I realized topping mine similar to yours was a big mistake for me. I learned for me. I should have let the branches grow out more to have more area to tie down. They never grew out enough for me to really keep them tied down after that. maybe because the coco I use is to light to hold the stakes very well. I am tagging along though. They do take a long tome to grow this way as fanoman mentioned

3 Likes

I don’t think I could trust my ties going into the promix to keep these girls down. The purple orange is especially fussy when tying down so I plan to put long ties running from one end of the pot to another to attach everything to. I want these girls as small as possible!

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @TDubWilly
https://growerslights.com/collections/led-grow-lights/products/horticulture-lighting-group-260-watt-quantum-board-led-kit?variant=28611107848244

I’m looking at the QB288 V2 RSPEC light. What are your opinions? Could I get more bang for my buck elsewhere for my 2x4 tent?

2 Likes

What’s the one that is 3 boards wide @dbrn32?

I know it’s not as efficient but I always wished that I got that thing for my 2x4

I got a couple different styles @Daves.not.here but I like the quantum boards the best probably

4 Likes

320 xl kit is 3 boards. For a 2x4 the 260 xl is good enough for most

3 Likes

Day 27:
I noticed the tiniest bit of tip burn on the fan leaves so I am only watering with tap water ph’d to 5.8 this time.
I have also started tying branches down. I am using a ton of soft ties (I got high and ordered 5 packs instead of 1) to makeshift what should hopefully be a secure line. It’s not the prettiest thing in the world but these girls aren’t going anywhere.

3 Likes

They are not very happy with me right now but they will understand once I make them look beautiful come flower time🤙
Happy growing!

2 Likes

Little stress won’t kill them. I thought about doing this but on a larger scale. Once the main branch had developed I hung empty Gatorade bottles off my branches.

Next attempt with be where they have some water added and slowly increase for strength training. I’m still a sucker for a killer main Cola.

3 Likes

Day 29:
MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN!
I was a little too rough with my purple orange plant and I have most likely lost the left branch :-1:.

I noticed the break yesterday morning and tried to do a tape repair. Things are not looking to good. If I lose that branch I just plan to keep going with the right branch and cut it into as many colas as I can. It grows much faster than the dinamed cbd plus (even with the stress of trying to repair the broken branch) so I might still be able to work in 16 colas… only time will tell. This will be interesting…

Dinamed cbd is looking happy and healthy :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about tape. Just slap a little honey on her if you have it and you should be ok. I have just about torn how branches of off that were in flower and they still kept going like nothing happened :grin:

1 Like