Mainline Suggestions

So I’m working on week 8 day 2 from seed. Flipped to flower 4 days ago.

I’ve been holding all these branches down and was wondering if it’s best to keep them down like I have until they’re reaching over the pot AND THEN remove the tiedowns or should I just go ahead and remove them ? Would it increase growth rate?
I dunno. Just figured I’d ask as I have googled different ways of mainlining and ALOT of people just split the main shoot at node 3, chop everything below it and work with that. I top at node 3, chop first node and keep second and 3rd. Annnnyway. Any suggestions or anything would be cool. :+1:t3:
Happy Growing

2 Likes

Keep her tied down until the 3-4th week in flower. Otherwise she will really try and straighten herself out. @psychEDM

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Just my impatience I guess. Lmao thanks @Covertgrower

2 Likes

@psychEDM anytime at all.

1 Like

this is not quite Mainlining or LST,
u r topping and tying, and doing a great job.!!
with Top and Tie u can cut at any node, it is grower preference.!

a true Mainline would be cut back to the lowest node and the 2 branches spread out in a straight line, certain branches kept to grow colas, like an Espalier trellised pear tree against a privacy fence or wall.!! (google Mainline cannabis plant)
the most tops i have seen (pics) has been 32, 16 tops on each branch, it was an outdoor plant.

Hi every one! I didn’t get how to insert a new topic to put my question about mainlining. Please could you help me to understand ? Thank you .

Welcome! What questions do you have specifically about mainlining? @Buck1984

hi Covertgrower ! I have planted a Blue Dream fem. that came out 4 days ago and thought to try mainlining her in 8 brunches but I’m not sure when is the right time to swap the light for flowering cycle . And about the questions, it’s correct to do as I did? :sweat_smile: Where is appropriate to write then?Thank you very much. Appreciated.

Look for a button at the top for new topic. This way works too. I would wait until you have 3-5 sections of your plant tall. That’s usually about 8-14” tall. Top the plant, then low stress training to complete the main lining.
What kind of light do you have?

1 Like

So you are telling me I have to swap light cycle after the first main topping? I use a led light, old-fashion one, Viparspectra 450V. It has a blue light for veg and red for flowering .

. Thank you @Covertgrower .

1 Like

I own 2 of those lights, I run them both full power in my 3x3 tent, both switches on the whole grow. I do start them high and lower them as I see stretching, but have never had a problem with “light burn” unless the plant actually touches the lights…

2 Likes

HI @Ron330 ! I have just one, for a 2x2 tent, but never runned with both switched on. Do you think is recommendable? Are the white and blue spectrum useful in flowering cycle? Thanks

2 Likes

Yes, I would run with both veg and bloom switches on.

1 Like