Main-Lining Recommendation

Well no wonder I’ve never seen one like that before. You might have a very marketable tool there.

With the new pics you posted with your flash I’m completely with you on light burn now. It’s just figuring out the distances for your lights. I think you said you were getting 35 lux which is low for flower (40 during veg 60 for flower) so it doesn’t make sense for your plants to be so burnt. I know that lux meters don’t measure LEDs accurately, I guess it’s possible your light is putting out alot of the spectrum that lux meters don’t read. Or there’s something else going on. Or it’s my numbers are. wrong I am working off my memory yes my memory lol

I really appreciate you hanging in there with me as I get through this. I think you are on to something with the ‘doesn’t make sense’ statement. I need to verify my LUX sensor is even reading accurate. If it isn’t reading true that will tell us what is going on, if it is accurate we have eliminated that variable and can look at some other likely cause. I will ponder on how i can check it and will let you know what i come up with.

ssk auto

Try an app on your phone i downloaded one to mess with… in the reviews a guy was on there that said he didn’t trust the phone app so he bought one but then compared it to the app he was surprised that the app was the same as the one he bought. I don’t know if he was talking shit but worth checking out, it’s free

Hi @Growcoast

Thanks for joining the thread. I see your photo, is that an example of light burn?

you are dead on with the LUX recommendations:

At the moment what doesn’t make since to me is when you convert these LUX values to PAR they seem too high.

Tricky stuff this lighting thing. I will try the phone app and see if that ‘sheds some light’ on things.

No light burn here. Just want to show a fellow future brownie a auto flower ssk. Thats all.

Gotcha… looking good! The autos sound interesting and i will have to give them a go sometime… i just want to get through this first one and learn from my mistakes for the next

1 Like

I can’t find the post that you put that had the pic of your lights overlap. I wanted to look at it again with hopes it might tickle something in my brain and make it come up with some more maybes we can look into (brainstorm)

Research knowledge equal big buds. GanjaGods are with ya my friend. @AxisCat

Yes this lighting thing is a mess. It would help to have a requirement for the manufacturers to have certain information about their lights. It’s so complicated trying to compare lights or even know what you have once you buy a light.

Absolutely… here they are:

the overlap i show is based on an 18" circle at the top of the canopy, so there is probably a decent amount reflected from inner walls of my tent.

1 Like

Thanks, I have to get moving i have to be at the hospital in an hour so they can torture me a little more with some tests before my next surgery in Jan I’ll check back with you when I get back

I hope your tests went okay and wish you luck this January on the surgery!

I download that phone app on an iphone and my android. I didn’t trust the iphone at all it only read in the hundreds. My android was showing around 7,000 LUX at the height of my other sensor.

My poor ole brain is getting burned a bit trying to make since of these different units of measurements. I did discover my sensor is more of a full spectrum in that includes 2 channels: IR plus full wavelengths… subtract the two and i can get visible spectrum only. It reads out natively in Lumens and uses fancy math to convert to LUX.

The girls are looking good, I don’t see any signs of things going south at the moment so I will keep plucking away at this lighting thing until i understand it better.

That is what i like about his hobby is all the new things i get to learn!

What distance are you running your lights at now? Where were they when everything burned?

They are at 24" now… before when they got burned they were at 18"

I guess I didn’t download the app on my new phone so I can’t tell you the one I had that seemed to be good. 18" is not that close even x3 at 16" according to the pic from your lights it’s only 1374. at the max level and you know that number is from dead center under the light. So probably be more like 1100-1200 where all three lights overlap. This whole thing is just crazy

I agree… It is Christmas so lets enjoy the holiday. I will mess around things over the next couple of days and will touch base with you then.

Hope you and your family have a good one!

Thank you sir hope you and family are all well, merry Christmas :santa: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I hope you had a great Christmas! I have decided to put my lighting education on hold and concentrate on harvest! That will be one of many things I will try and hash out on my next grow. Can I enlist your expertise on judging when i should be take them? They are 47 days from the light flip. Sorry about the large file size, just trying to give you a good look at things.