Main-Lining Recommendation

Hello All,

First time grower here. I have (3) Northern Lights started from seed, they are 4 weeks old from the time they sprouted. I am about to where we would normally do the third topping creating (8) mains. My concern is I am going to run out room in my tent (floor area). It is round with a diameter of 26". It is fairly tall though about 75". With a final plant height of about 36" I would end up with 20" from the tops of the plant to the light.

I am second guessing doing this final topping and just run with (4) mains versus trying to do (8). Any suggestions and opinions would be very appreciated.

Axis

3 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood, you have a nice setup going there it’s unique. I would tie em down let your manifold grow to 4 nodes then top to the 3rd and remove the 2nd so that you have the 1st and 3rd left. Have the two sides tied down just be careful they like to split in the middle of the main stem. I then let them veg to about 24 inches tall before I switch to 12s watch the 8 tops stay about the same if you can. Here’s a couple pics to give you a visual the 1st one is from someone else the 2nd is one I have going now. I’m showing this one because it’s the easiest to see the manifold but the plant for whatever reason stayed short and I had to put it on a box to match the height of the others… hope this helps you… good luck

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words about my setup… I am proud of it for how it is working so far.

So i think i understand what you are saying about the manifolding. Does this sketch look about right? I think i am a little confused, this would give me 16 total.

No there’s only one branch on each side but the nodes you are removing is right. Your pic shows 16 tops

Here I scribbled on your drawing the lite green is a single branch off the main stem. The red is scribbling on stuff not there. I didn’t do very good but think I got it good enough. If it’s not clear let me know and I’ll try harder next time lol

Here’s another one I think is better

2 Likes

Thanks for hanging in there with me. I see where you are going with it now and that is really cool, i will for sure file that away for next time. And your sketches make perfect sense.

I probably wasn’t that clear with my question. On my plants i have already topped them twice. The first cut created 2 mains, and the second cut created 4 mains from the previous 2. I also cut all the other nodes off. So at this point all i can do is cut my 4 to create 8. In my sketch the blue is what my plants look like at this point in time.

My concern is running out of floor area with 24 colas. The picture you sent me of the main lined plant is a beautiful thing. It is hard for me to judge scale from pictures but she looks sorta big around and 3 of these would really be cramped in my space. I think.

Since this is my first real grow i don’t have a good feel for how big they are going to get.

Thanks for all your help…

I think you will be ok in there with three. I like the uniform growth of doing em this way they fit together better and you don’t need 10 sticks and 30 pieces of wire to hold each one up. Good luck on your grow and if you need some help just @ me and I’ll try to help, I’m still learning about this shit too

2 Likes

Good deal! I will do the final topping this evening making my 8 mains. But i do like your recommendation on the 1st and 3rd nodes and can see how it spreads thing out some. Wish I would have done that on this grow.

I am sure i will need some more advice as things progress and all the folks around here are great!

Axis

1 Like

@kaptain3d hooked me up with this journal. Arrow's labour of love it’s got some good stuff in there.

Hi brothers…please note that nugbuckets and nebulas are 2 different techniques… Nebulas is the easier way, with the same results in a shorter time period…google it on Grow Weed Easy…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought I had said my way is kinda a mix of both but leans towards
Ne bula’s way but I guess someone didn’t like me talking about them because the post is gone ?? so I can’t look back to see what I said. Doesn’t really matter I was just trying to help a guy and wanted to post the links so he could get better instruction from them but thought I’d be breaking the rules, guess I did anyway oops

1 Like

No sweat…keep it green…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

@MeEasy @Arrow do you know of anyone using the nebula’s way method in a grow journal? I would like to see different ways of mainlining.

1 Like

I hope I didn’t step on your toes I’m still trying to take everything in and the post I put in had good pictures of what I thought was the only way to mainlining, guess I need to do a lot more research. I would be interested in any links you got on this subject.

Hey guys… i am sorry if I opened a can of worms with this post, it was not my intention. Like a lot people i read tons and tons on this subject and some of it just blurs together. But the more experience i get the better it all gets sorted out. Appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Axis

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with anyone or anything especially in this post. I know that the admin must have had a problem with my posts which had more detail because they were deleted by someone. So I’m a little hesitant about sharing any more information on this subject. I didn’t purposely say or post anything I thought was inappropriate and I don’t think admin thought I did either because I was not reprimanded by them. So @Turbonelson I want to share more I just don’t want to cause problems here. Lookup the name on the picture above maybe it could help you

1 Like

My tread is just mainlining, variations and flux incorporated… The main grow on my thread is an extended Nebula and what I harvested …:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Thanks Arrow… i will for sure check it out this weekend!

I’m still going through that journal, really interested read. I have been looking around and found the way @MeEasy was instructing and thought that was the only way of mainlining. Then I see your methods and just thought I missed something on my other reads. But now I have just scratched the surface of all this. Man I got a lot more reading to do.

1 Like

You and me both my friend… I did my final topping a few days ago and the 8 remaining nodes are starting to take off. I also started doing some low stress training with some ties here and there… My goal now is to keep everything symmetrical as they grow out. maybe a week or two go ahead and start them flowering. Existing stuff.