Main cola is getting taller on top, its getting leafey above the cola almost like it is in veg again

Can any one tell me why the main cola is getting taller on top, its getting leafey above the cola almost like it is in veg again 2 of mine have done that now. They are all out side and getting same every thing .
Tom

Hey can you help me.? Do you know why the main cola on 2 of my plants started getting veg on top. Just like it went back to veg. It’s about 1 ft. On top looks that way. I don’t think it will hurt any thing…o by the way it is out side, so the light has not changed.
Tom

Never heard of that happening. Address this to MacG or Latewood. It will be interesting to know what caused it.

Some strains can do this, especially some sativa dominant varieties. It could be from the light period it is getting, maybe it could use a longer dark period.

~MacG

Well it is a sativa dom. Plant but it is out side so light has not changed any.
Thanks for the response.
Tom

Outdoors the total amount of light the plant gets daily is always changing, either getting longer or shorter.

~MacG

1 Like

Here in so ca desert the days are getting shorter. We are right at 12- 12. It’s really no big deal I was just wondering. The indica plants are not doing it.
Thanks for the info about sativa, I have never seen it before.
Tom

1 Like

Some of these strains with equatorial heritage, even though the days are getting shorter, if over all light is near 12 hours or more, they might start to kind of re-veg, this is probably what you are seeing. Some sativas are a pain, lol.

Happy Growing,

MacG

I think maybe it was the cold spell we had a couple weeks, then it’s back to hot again. I had forgotten about it till now.
Tom

Yeah, that makes sense, the changes in temperatures could be contributing as well, warmer weather could be kind of making it think it is nearing spring or summer and it could be stimulating some processes that make it think it is the wrong season to flower and stimulating some vegetative growth, lol. The continued shortening of the day will likely get it back on schedule.

~MacG