Magnesium deficiency.... I think.?

It started at the bottom… yellowing in the leaf margins… figured it was magnesium. Foilar fed with epsom salt but no change, day 4. What do you think? Ph is good…

REALLY hard to diagnose with the heavy red/violet cast… Best to take pics in WHITE light with your grow light turned off IMHO.

Fill out the Grow Support Ticket so folks will have all the necessary info…

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

1 Like
What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Fruity pebbles

Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Hydro
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
Pots
PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
500ppm
Indoor or Outdoor
Indoor
Light system
Led
Temps; Day, Night

77/73.

Humidity; Day, Night
60/50
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes, 400cfm 4x4
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Yes/yes
Co2; Yes, No

Yes

image1.jpeg

Ok could raise your nute concentration to ~1000PPM. What nutes are you using?

Advanced nutrients mgb. 1000ppm isn’t too high for clones a couple weeks old?

I use full strength pretty early and really find they adapt quickly. I use GH @1100 PPM and really only see problems when the PPM goes above 1500 (nute burnt tips)

1 Like

Cool, I guess since they came from a mother plant they are already use to the nutes…?

But you think the ppm is why they look like they have a magnesium deficiency?

It looks like the pant may be generally starved (yellowing and stretched). CalMg should already be in the mix although I do not know the concentrations in AN MGB. With GH MGB I rarely have to add in CalMg.

I add cal mag… generally starved? Maybe from lockout.?.. I’ve flushed with no change. They seem to be getting a little better, the smaller ones…from the epsom spray… the two bigger ones are still light greenish yellow in the margins. The mother plants are doing just fine and they’re at 600 ppm.

It is not a good practice to spray anything on the leaves. Chemicals such as Epsom may not have the proper pH balance and could burn the leaves or leave chemical powders.

1 Like

I “ph’d” the spray water and every 2 days I spray with ro water to remove anything that hasn’t absorbed

Doesn’t matter, spraying tends to make problems a huge problem. It’s like holding a magnifying glass over paper and it burning. Same thing happens when you spray leaves in the sun. Why you don’t water your grass mid day in full sun.

Best to not do it at all. Seasoned growers will all say the same thing. @WickedAle spot on on the nutes.

A magnifying glass is a perfect double convex lense. A water drop can’t and doesn’t focus enough of the suns energy to burn anything before it evaporates. The reason you don’t water in the middle of the day is because it will evaporate quicker… so less is absorbed by the ground… wasting some… and we are talking about under a led light, not the sun.

…I mean under hid I understand foilar feeding could be bad while the lights are on but led…? Maybe so? I haven’t had any problems since spraying and all but 2 are looking good now…