Magnesiam deficiency please help

newbe need help fixn magnesiam problem

In my opinion is wanna say camg+ it helps with that stuff and keeps healthy foliage, your probably gunna get other opinions as well but that is a partial magnesium solution

Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate, MgSO₄) can also be used for a magnesium deficiency.

But why do you think you have a magnesium deficiency? What are you feeding your plant, or what kind of soil are you growing it in?

I suspect you have magnesium available to your plant, but something is contributing to a magnesium lock-out, like over watering or a pH too far out of range.

Check out the other questions in the support ticket also, answering these will help us help you figure out what the proper course to remedy your situation might be.

~MacG

Continuing the discussion from Fill out a "Support Ticket":

Strain – white widow

Soil in pots

System type
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 5.55

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS 914

Indoor or Outdoor indoor

Light system, size? 600w hps

Temps; Day, Night 77

Humidity; Day, Night 55

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size yes 6" 315cfm

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, AC

Co2; Yes, No no

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

soil 1/2 happy frog 1/2 ocean forest no nutes for 60 days
ph is always droping purple stems and ugly yellow and brown leaves

Soil pH needs to be much closer to the ideal target 6.5 pH for soil. Bring your pH up.

Also, in the meantime you can foliar spay with a mild epsom salt solution.

~MacG

thank you mac so sorry but newbe I am I did not ask the ? properly I have an continuous problem with the ph droping almost every week in soil how can that be fixed for a more long term solution am 2 weeks from harvest on my first indoor atempt and have been battling the the whole time which has caused very low yield and crapy looking plants lots of yellow and brown looking burn.

I have made every mistake a newbe can do so how would you bring up the PH and keep it in that zone.

It might be that you are over watering, this can cause the pH to drop, but it can also drop during flowering.

You can apply garden lime or buy a pH up solution to raise your pH.

~MacG

OK since I was having the same problem with the PH falling during flower I purchased the recommended ESPOMA garden lime.

Since the listed recommended amount to use was listed at 7.5 lbs. per 100 Sq. Ft area to bring up a 5.5 to 6.5 PH I had to do some calculation and thought I should show the math here to help others
with the calculation. I hope the following makes sense.

First step is to convert the 7.5 lbs. for 100 Sq. Ft to Ounces per Sq. Ft.
Formula is 7.5 / 100 = .075 Lbs. per square foot, next convert 0.075 lbs. to ounces so 0.075 x 16 = 1.2 Ounces per Sq. Ft
(Formula is Ounces per Sq. Ft = Lbs. x 16)

Second step Convert pot size to Square Feet
For square pot take first side (in inches) x second side in inche=Sq inches.
Formula is Length x width = Square Inches when working in inches. To convert this to Square Feet Divide by 144 (12” x 12” = 144”) Example for 12” inch pot 12” x 12” = 144” Sq. In.
144” Sq. In Divided by 144” = 1 Square Foot.

Since I was using a ROUND felt pot it was a little different and needed
to convert using the formula 2 x the Radius squared x Pi
(Pi is 3.1416). Example my pot is 13 inch across at center so
the radius (1 half the Diameter) is 6.5 inches. Formula is 6.5 x 6.5 = 42.25 x 3.1416 = 132.7326 Sq. In. Now divide by 144 to get square feet or 132.7326 / 144 = 0.9217541 Square Feet.

Now using these answers I know how much Garden Lime to use using the
formula Pot size in Square Feet times Ounces per Square Foot or 0.9217541 Sq. Ft x 1.2 Ounces per sq. ft. = 1.10 ounces

1 Like