Magic mushrooms

oH Man, I’m sorry to see another critter had a go at it, not the rooster this time (thats still killing me).
Very cool plant quite lovely in its own way, I hope she bounces back.

I do like the psychedelics but would stick to non synthetics. I never had any problem w shrooms they were great fun, always felt very in tune with everything and everyone around me. Cant say the same w lsd, it was very speedy from what I remember and lasted wayy too long.
Might be fun to grow some peyote just for the heck of it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’re looking at years and years to grow. Think it’s like 20 years

2 Likes

Shrooms seem difficult for me to grow Dont know how to make them fruit. Any secrets?

1 Like

Yep, I gathered that from what I’ve read here so far. It would really be just to grow it for fun and ornamental, no real ambition to actually get off on it, its too long of a time frame for such aspirations plus I dont have Budbrother’s patience. I do like the plant itself though, I think its quite striking and I have been enjoying growing plants in general again since I started growing MJ. Then again, I still cant get my chive seeds to germinate so…:laughing:

2 Likes

Hi Bryan, I was reading into it a while back, the process is a little involved but probably not much more so than our main hobby here. There are some good videos on youtube, I know you have to get sterilized Rye Berry substrate etc, if you got a spare fish tank you could probably grow them. Need to do more research on the subject myself.
This is a cool site to get your spores, pretty wild stuff, lots of interesting strains.
Besides the fun mushrooms they have a good source of books for reading up on em. They also have Edible spores such as Morels, Chanterelles and others, no Porcini though.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GIOWOC/?coliid=I23GG9N6UW6XO2&colid=3RH0L3WXZWJS0&psc=0

3 Likes

Tried it, plenty of spore growth, but still can’t get them to fruit Spores I got, mushrooms naught. :low_brightness::interrobang:

1 Like

This is very new to me, by fruit spores do you mean that your spores are growing into mushrooms but they dont have/produce spores themselves? Perhaps someone with more knowledge & experience on this particular subject can chime in.

Nah, just cannot get the small pins to appear from the mix and make the mushroom itself. I end up with spores up the wazoo but no mushrooms

1 Like

Man that’s got to be very frustrating to put it mildly. I wonder whats going on with your rig. Did you contact the company you purchased the spores from, maybe they can point you in the right direction.
Its an interesting hobby but like all hobbies requires time to learn what the heck one is doing.
Summer is too hectic for me but if I can get some things/projects done during it I may have some time to consider trying it out in the fall if its not too much on a $ investment.
Good luck with them Bryan, let us know if you figure out what was the obstacle :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@rexx there are all kinds of “magic mushrooms” not just one type. You can tell by gently pinching them they should turn bluish.

1 Like

Hi gang, I raise cube mushrooms all the time. I have a circle of friends that love to go camping and do mushrooms when I have them. The people you bought the mushroom spore from will be reluctant to talk to you as growing these mushrooms is illegal! They are ment for viewing under a microscope only. The big key to growing mushrooms is cleanliness! I wear those throw away gloves and still wash my hands down with alcohol. Everything gets washed down with 70% alcohol before I get started. I use the plastic shoe box size. I cover the floor and about 2-3 inches up the sides with black plastic from a black garbage liner. This makes the mushrooms to grow straight up searching for the light. I have a flow hood that I made myself and turn it on so when I am working I don’t have to worry about germs sneaking back in on me. I once again wipe my hands with a paper towel soaked with alcohol and wash down my grain jars. I put about 2 inches of mushroom dirt. I open my jar and using a clean utensil, dig the contents out on top of my dirt. I then take my gloved hand and break up any clumped up grain. When this is done I then mix dirt and grain together. I then take my hand and level things out without compressing the dirt down to much. I then take my casing dirt and scatter from 1/2 to 1 inch as my top layer. Try to get as even as possible. Now take spray bottle, with distilled water, and spray top layer until it is evenly wet. Now spray on inside walls of container and spray inside of another shoe box that will become the lid of your little terrarium. Next take a breathable paper or synthetic tape and seal the top and bottom containers together. At least 3 times through the day you will open the tubs up and fan the dirt for at least 2 minutes and then reseal them. Some where between 7 and 14 day’s you should see pins forming on surface. I forgot to say when you open tubs to fan you want to lightly spray dirt and side walls and roof of container before closing up again. Mushrooms don’t use much light, but do need some to grow properly. I leave over head light on during day. It is on slide so I barely have it on. If you keep your area clean and fan them a few times a day you should have a great grow. Keep a journal so you can look back and possibly find out where you May have gone wrong. Hope this helps, Mike p.s. if any green shows up, it’s contaminated and needs to be thrown out.

4 Likes

I hear you I did wide mouth ball jars. Was oddly hard to move.

1 Like

Is this old guy still around @mrcrabs? I want to take peyote for the first time in my life with a freakin shaman with rattlesnake holes everywhere. And he gives me a necklace made from fangs and rattles to never take off lol…can you imagine the selfies me and him and krabs would take lol

2 Likes

Careful what you wish for. Everyone I know that has done that have died in plane crashes in Iowa.

1 Like

So I’ll get the pilot to go around Iowa lpl…he should cause of my hit songs

1 Like

Lol, or take a bus with a broken heater if you’re anywhere near Iowa.

1 Like

Movie trivia is lost on the net but in person I really am decent at recalling details of movies. Or u know, I was. Since I’m doing this it’s all I think about lol. Well mushrooms and shit too ahaha

2 Likes

He sure is brother, @Gremmall it would be an awesome experience, get ready for a cleansing and a whole different perspective as of why are you here and life as you know it, explosive and not addictive, love peyote!!

2 Likes

I’d be the dumb sob that grabbed the cup and drained it and it was enough for all 6 of us in the sweat lodge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ate 8 grams of those in september and about lost my mind lol