Magic mushrooms

@Budbrother I got a sprout my friend. There’s two more pending hope they sprout.

Keep the humidity high and with luck they will. It can take up to a month :crossed_fingers:t3:

I will, thanks for the heads up. I’ve kept a sandwich bag on it this whole time as a humidity dome.

Thought I’d add a little something to this thread. The attached image is of Panaeolus cyanescens growing in horse manure. This photo was taken a couple of years ago while I was visiting my parents. This is right across the street from the house I grew up in, right along the road. I lived in a rural area with large cow pastures nearby. A couple of friends of mine and I would sneak onto those pastures and find large amounts of Psilocybe cubensis, some as big as the diameter of a softball. We got chased by ranchers and one time we had to evade and hide from a police helicopter! Oddly enough, at one point I discovered Panaeolus cyanescens and Psilocybe cubensis growing right in my neighborhood! A lot of people had horses and a friend of mine’s parents had horses and a few cows. It was on the side of their barn that I found a large patch of P. cubensis that produced reliably when the conditions were right. Thankfully that meant the end of being chased by ranchers and helicopters. Great memories :wink:

@howill…wait, those are “good” shrums? I have horses and the poop is usually covered in mushrooms that look like that. I thought only cow poop produced the right ones.

Yes, they are the VERY good kind :star_struck:. To be clear though, this photo was taken in south Florida in December. We usually found Panaeolus cyanescens after cold fronts preceded by a good rain and a drop in temperature after the front passed. Depending on where you live the mushrooms you’re seeing growing in horse manure might be something else. You really want to be sure what you’re seeing is Panaeolus cyanescens. I think you can see in the image the blue gray color of the mushrooms. And if you zoom in toward the middle back you’ll see a cap that has been damaged and has stained dark blue, almost black. Definitely look at examples online to confirm the type of mushrooms you’re seeing.

@howill, I am West Ga. I will have to double check again when I wander the pastures again.

Hi, I’m new. I have a very large cow pasture in front of my house. I haven’t done shrooms since I was in my 30s, so I’m a tiny bit reluctant… since I’m lots older. The weather conditions are perfect after rain and I just went out and picked a brown paper lunch bag size full - they are various sizes from tiny to 3” diameter and various colors. Mostly gold caps, but some are white. Some have very blue green gills and some are brown. I’m not sure if all of them are ps. cubensis, so my question is:
Are ALL mushrooms picked from cow patties ps. cubensis regardless of the shape, size, color etc.? Thank you! I appreciate your replies.

If you look at a range map you’ll notice that Panaeolus cyanescens exists in tropical and subtropical regions worldwide. In the US this comprises the southern tier states (generally excluding New Mexico and Arizona) and parts of southern California. If your location is south enough in western Georgia, you might have these mushrooms in your area.

No, not all dung loving mushrooms are Psilocybe cubensis. The mushrooms in the picture I posted are Panaeolus cyanescens and they grow in horse and cow manure and are distinctly different from P. cubensis. Can you post pictures of the mushrooms you collected? Never consume any mushrooms you’re not completely sure of. Fortunately, P. cubensis is pretty easy to identify.

Edit: there are other mushroom species found growing in cow and horse manure that are non-hallucinogenic. Whether they are safe to eat is another matter. Generally, I’d steer clear of any dung loving mushrooms that are not Psilocybe cubensis or Panaeolus cyanescens. As the saying goes, “There are old mushroom pickers and there are bold mushroom pickers. But there are no old, bold mushroom pickers.”

@Budbrother it’s been a while my friend, here my peyote, hope yours are doin fine.

Hypothetical… Has anyone ever used Liquid LSD as a supplement in the dirt while growing cannabis? Say a couple drops in a gal of water while conducting regular garden maintenance?? Sounds kinda out there, but who knows… Thnx FYI, I live just outside RGC down here in the RGV. Plenty of anything you want on the Mexican border.

Hello neighbor, I’m just up your alley @DivChem , never tried but if I had liquid lsd it would be used on me my friend, lmao

Hypothetically!

LSD will break down when heated so smoking the bud won’t work. That is if the plant will even absorb that chemical. If it could, it’d probably require too much over its lifetime to be effective even if the bud was eaten.

That darn Hypothetical heat. Although a hypothetical salad with fresh greens might be interesting. Sometimes I have to much time on my hands. Thanks.

It’s be more cost effective to add a drop or two of it to your hypothetical salad, lol

Thnx for the input. Cost effective isn’t a issue. Just tryn to over engineer something as usual. Guess I’ll hold out and ponder another wack idea!! Thnx… Kurt.

Glad to see your still around @Mrcrabs I just got done transplanting all 41 of my peyote today, and my first thought was of your lil one.

Wow… You can ponder some Deep S^it on liquid L$D.