Madam Calamity’s Candy Factory 🍬

My thoughts were to do 3 colors. The gold leaf is a tall plant so I thought maybe top her and train with a net to get an even canopy. Time will tell. I am finishing up the grow room this weekend.

1 Like

When you get it started tag me in your journal I’d love to tag along!

1 Like

Will do I have a bunch of great help here. It will be near the start of October, I have to use my room to dry my outdoor girls the sterilize. I can’t wait though.

This is the soil I will be using.

1 Like

That’s flipp’n awesome :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

So I took off what would probably be considered too many fan leaves for how young they are. Buuuttt here is my thought process…the cotton candy rock candy is only growing up so I figured that maybe if I took some away it would finally start to decided to grow out instead of up. Now I didn’t do much to the rock candy and cookies since she is injured. I’m thinking I will be loosing at least one branch. It doesn’t seem to be healing and it’s at the beginning stages of wilting. Totally sucks but no big deal. I know in the future I will never use those clips again! The concept is awesome but no lol just no. I can’t LST the way I want with them, both times I’ve used them no matter how gentle I am a branch seems to snap. I’m just over it. I’m thinking I might just have to top all of the cotton candy rock candy branches so the rock candy and cookies can catch up since she seems to focus on bushing out. I finally installed my ac infinity fan that was hooked up on my 2x2. And as usual been watering daily.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :green_heart:

12 Likes

Looks good. Topping all the branches would also give a week or 2 stunt. Hopefully. Probably not. Lol. But isn’t that what growing is all about, seeing what works? I’m pretty sure I warned you growing multiple strains could be difficult. But as long as you utilize the net and train the plants accordingly you should be ok. I know a lot here grow nothing but multiple strains. Sure. Why not, who doesn’t love variety? However, when one plant gains 6-10” over the other you’ll be looking at quality issues. Which is what I’m worried about. As I’m attempting 3 in one go, as you know. It’s a risk for sure, but if it pays off? It will really pay off.

4 Likes

That is definitely a concern. At this point the way they are both growing differently is nerve wracking. I even told myself I wouldn’t grow 2 different strains at the same time because I knew this could be an issue. And I know going in that I had no idea how any of the strains I bought would grow. At this point I just have to train the best that I can and hope for the best.

4 Likes

Granted. We like to push. We will both learn a valuable lesson if it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Live and learn :v:

3 Likes

Multi strains just work the net it looks great :v:

1 Like

Thanks @JJ520

2 Likes

They’re looking good!

I vote Save the Branch!! :rofl:
It’s only been a few days, and the branch might be a little stunted atm and for a week or so, but it’ll come back!!
It honestly doesn’t look any different from the rest of the plant in the area of the tape that I can see. Maybe it’s just the angle.
Are there any nodes below the bend? If so are you gonna treat it as a topping or take the whole thing?
Again, my vote - StB!! :rofl:

Keep up the good work!!
Guess you have a whole new understanding of the phrase “Chop wood, carry water” now! :rofl:

HGE!!

2 Likes

And @Low know that journey all too well. Seems like I always start my next runs with mixed strains, mostly like you said… variety is the spice of life and I like having 2 different affects on the mind and body. Madam C you could always put the smaller girl on some pot risers to get equal canopy height. I’ve had some sitting on rubber folger coffee cans :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’m going to give it a week or so depending on signs. I’ve done all that I can do. The only other thing I could of done was put honey on it, but I ran out and didn’t have time to go to the store. You pretty much have a 30 min window to fix it before it’s too late to repair. At this point it depends on her! Yesterday the duct tape bandaid came undone and where the snap is it didn’t look too promising. :pensive: time will tell. Not giving up hope just yet…

3 Likes

If I have to do that I will. At the moment I’m not too concerned and the net should be good enough for now. Topping branches will be a last case scenario.

1 Like

So I’m not sure if the defoliation did the trick or if my cotton candy rock candy just decided it was time to blow up. Either way I’m happy!

This pic I took yesterday after watering

And this is today

I did a light defol on the rock candy and cookies. Hoping it will stimulate more growth. I also lowered the DLI in hopes that RCC will stretch some. So we will see in the next couple days.

And unfortunately it looks like I have visitors

Got some jacks dead bug somewhere around here. Gonna :skull_and_crossbones: those buggers before lights out tonight.

7 Likes

Aside from the damage it looks great! Did your branches heal?

Use DE and sticky traps!

2 Likes

Ladies are looking good! And rebounded quickly after the defol. A testament to their health! Bravo!!
Sorry to hear about the bugs. I know they have their place, but their place is NOT on our plants!
Fly, be free little bastard! You can have anything NOT on my deck or in my tent! :rofl:
But hey - I almost can’t fault them. Marijuana is a wonderful and tasty plant!! :joy:

Keep up the good work - I know you will!

Happy Growing Everyone!!

2 Likes

Done!

10 Likes

Nice! Great pic too!

1 Like