Madam Calamity’s Candy Factory 🍬

Thanks @Dhooter

Nice! It’s always exciting when new beans arrive!

1 Like

AHHHH, I should of mentioned I meant the ScrOG frame. That is a good reason to use the tape!

1 Like

What did you use for the netting. Will paracord work?

1 Like

I will be using just random twine from amazon, got like 600’ for $8. Figure if I need to cut it down/out I will have plenty more where that came from.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZA2SMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Thank you

Maybe it’s just me, but isn’t hemp twine both a natural and poetic choice?
:thinking:

2 Likes

Honestly I’m not sure. Depends if it can withstand water. I used mason line because I already had it on hand. But I love the suggestion of what @Newt said about the hemp twine!

4 Likes

That’s nice and new 4 me

2 Likes

I ran out of plant yo-yos and had to tie up some colas today, and I used hemp twine, and it made me smile!

3 Likes

Oh snap!
She’s a sneaky one that Calamity! :rofl:
Or maybe just not as lazy as me! LOL!

The scrog looks awesome!! Now I wish I had gotten the colored line! I have no pizazz! :joy:
I contemplated getting hemp twine too but it looked so rough and raspy and I couldn’t bear the thought of my girls being itchy! :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

How high off the top of the bags is it?
Are you planning to keep tucking the shoots under the net to fill it out?
That’s my plan for the next grow except I plan on doing a single plant and just veggin’ a bit longer to fill it out. I’ve read you flip at about 75-80% covered and continue tucking for the first couple of weeks of flowering.
I can’t decide between G13 or Green Gelato at this point! But I got a long way to go before I have to commit to that decision!

That plant will heal up easily! You’re way early in the grow so it has plenty of time. Just be cautious around it for the next 2 or 3 weeks and it should be good to go. i don’t think I have a plant I’ve grow where i didn’t have a Oh S! moment with a shoot or two!

Girls are looking incredible, as per usual! :grinning:

Happy Growing Everyone!!

2 Likes

Congrats! almost show time!

I’m happy with the ipower bags but I do not think they’re imbued with any special qualities. I feel like most of the bags on Amazon are basically the same. Holds dirt? Yep.

3 Likes

Thank you. Now I have to decide which strain.

Any suggestions going with 3 to start?

4 Likes

Nice new set up with the scrog netting, DIY? The salve bomb is bad ass, I bet that would work wonders on my arthritic right hand :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Gold Leaf is easy. That’s a good choice. I’ve grown that BBW before but I can’t for the life of me remember what strain that is - I even have a nursery pot with BBW scrawled on the side…. Can’t remember what it was :rofl:

1 Like

Black widow

2 Likes

Nah, your not lazy. It’s been 2 weeks or more since I took down my 2x2. I’ve been procrastinating swapping out my generic intake fan and hooking up my ac infinity on my 2x4. I’ll get it done eventually :joy:

It’s about 8 inches from the bag. My plan is to just keep tucking until I can’t anymore. Then I’ll switch to flower.

4 Likes

Yup built it yesterday!
The salve should work great for pain with the thc. The lemon balm is a natural antiseptic, antiviral and has antibacterial properties. It’s great for circulation, it also helps with inflammation, it’s also great for your skin. From acne to shingles to bug bites to cuts and burns. When I use salve for cuts or burns it seems to heal twice as fast and it prevents me from scaring. Which is awesome because I scare easily. The salve would have better benefits if I used cbd instead but I just wanted to use up the Durban poison I had laying around.

4 Likes

@Dhooter i would research the growth rates and see which ones would be close to similar growth. I personally don’t like the idea of one plant being short and bushy while the others could be twice as tall. Then you would have one plant that could potentially be getting too much light while the other wouldn’t get enough. Yea training could help, or you could take something to put underneath the shorter one, but it could still not be enough. It could turn into a headache. Just my opinion!

4 Likes

Thanks I was thinking gold leaf, white rhino, Black widow. I will do the research.

1 Like

I’m really interested in the black widow! Would love to see a grow of that one.

1 Like