Madam Calamity’s Candy Factory 🍬

Oh it’s an indica this time , oh yeah let’s go you secret cannabis pro , we want some more , okay but this time no burned tips , complete green to the end ! Good luck break !

4 Likes

I’m in, popcorn, bong and grinder ready :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes

It happens more than you think. Check out Hellraiser’s lights in his 3x3 with HLG550 and a 260 with a couple uva. I have a sono farm 4000 over a 2x2 frame. My new 32x72" closet will have three HLG 260 rspec.
Granted I do not have the 4000 cranked up all the way but I’m at 300+. I wanted it because of the even ppfd over the target.

So @MadamCalamity I am with you 100%. No cheating the plants or buds that ends up in the corner.

4 Likes

@Low I had over a 1000watts in a 2x2x5 tent when I first started ?

3 Likes

I just started a grow journal myself. I will sit in on yours and learn as you grow! :blush:

9 Likes

Oh yeah I’m in…

I’ve got their Cherry Cotton Candy waiting for empty tent space… Can’t wait to see how you do with these!

3 Likes

I’m gonna follow along for this one!

2 Likes

I can’t wait to make the switch, looking forward to seeing your grow! Thanks for the tag!

3 Likes

I switched from soil to coco a couple grows ago. I experimented with SIP and also peat with perlite mix in a SIP. My best results was coco and autopot combination. All were fed Jack’s. Now, coco all the way either 5-gallon fabric pots or using the autopot system.
The simplicity of Jack’s is great. Me being me I complicate it a bit by adding some advanced nutrients into the mix. I do belief many if not most coco users add some form of bacteria. I see you are adding Mycos fungi. I add advanced nutrient Voodoo Juice for bacteria and Piranha for fungi. Fish Head Farms Fish Sh!t is very highly regarded as a bacteria source.
For the ones not in the autopot I feed more in line with a soil schedule rather the high fertigation method. At least so far.
I have some in 1+ gallon pots and they are fed every 2-3 days. A couple in 5-gallon pots can go a little longer. The frequency will have to increase as they get bigger. They are not small now though
Six plants in 1 gallon fabric pots

5-gallon

Time to mix up some Jack’s

9 Likes

You already know I’m set to follow looks like its bumpin in here already haha I still need to start my 2nd journal haha looking great so far looks like the girls have been off to a great start

1 Like

Lol thanks. My curiosity got the best of me. Plus if I can get the most even ppfd it’s a win for me! I’m all about trying to get the most coverage possible. Trying to aim for little to no larf.

3 Likes

Very nice set up loving the coverage :v:

1 Like

@yoshi That’s definitely what I’m trying to aim for. This will definitely be a learning experience for me. Can’t wait to see what’s to come!

Glad to have you all!
@OGIncognito @Flitme @CygnusX1 @Syndrix @beardless @RockClarke and @LiesGrows

@LiesGrows when you get your 2nd journal started tag me please! I would love to follow along. I’m also planning on using tribus , fish sh!t, molasses, seaweed and kelp when the time comes. It’s definitely going to be a learning experience and honestly I do feel a little intimidated lol

@Flitme if you wouldn’t mind tagging me I would love to follow your journal!

3 Likes

Thanks! @JJ520

Total newbie question - What the hell is SIP? LOL!

I’m looking to get away from Happy Frog and FF on my next grow - BUT don’t want the hassle of everyday watering you get into with coco.
TBH, the woman can be a real b when I have to do ANYTHING with the plants. And if I had to deal with watering everyday she’d flip out. Not sure what her problem is, because otherwise I’m not really doing much or anything really.

Maybe I can get an answer in this thread - never can in mine! LOL!

1 Like

Sorry I’m googling that stuff all the time. SIP Sub-irrigated Planter. A self watering system with a reservoir below the plants roots.

1 Like

LOL! I hear you on the overuse of Google.

I did search the site but didn’t really find much though.

Coco does seem totally right for some kind of self-watering system. That would be the only way I could deal with it honestly.

Thanks for the information!

HGE!!

2 Likes

I considered getting auto pots. Wanted to see how this grow goes first before dropping money on the system.

3 Likes

I knew I should have bought that Phototron from High Times magazine back in the early 90s! LOL!

The checkered past of indoor growing…lol!

2 Likes

@Tylersays I have ran coco coir for a long time , and THIS is what I found to be the best way to grow in coco. Here is the automatic watering system that will drain to bucket in the tent, then it gets pumped out of the tent to a waste bucket that you empty every 3-4 days. All you have to do with this system is, fill your reservoir once a week with nutrients and empty the waste bucket. Also, if you want to grow in coco coir, then study this site for the term ‘Fertigation’ because THIS, is key to growing in coco. You NEVER want to let coco get dry to the point where it has a lite brown crust on top.
Check out this site.
Guide to Automatic Watering for Indoor Cannabis - Watering For Indoor Cannabis - Coco For Cannabis

3 Likes