M.W.P.P’s Grow journal

N toxicity also shows with dark green leaves that are shiny and a weird texture, almost leathery than like a leaf.

Pictures taken in the tent often don’t show the true colors you’re seeing.

Buds are progressing nicely.

3 Likes

Yes I’ve got that problem also I think it may be heat stress because at the beginning of that grow in the big tent I hadn’t been used to the new light or tent space and temps often rose to 90 F sometimes regularly staying low to mid 80’s but now I’ve finally mastered this new tent and light and have gotten both temp and humidity in check/but I think the intensity of it in the start has caused them to not grow as desired throughout??? Any thoughts???

It is possible she was unhappy with the heat. The N thing certainly is possible - but you usually also see burned leaf tips and I don’t see those. What are you feeding her?

She just looks generally unhappy.

Everybody else is looking good.

1 Like

She’s in living soil so with her condition I was skeptical about adding nutes but think I might tonight just to see, I added bloom nutes to the two in the smaller tent and they r growin absolutely gorgeous. What do u think Fiz should I feed those a lil???

2 Likes

Honestly I wouldn’t because she doesn’t look nute hungry. Are you letting her get really dry between waterings? She looks as if she’s overwatered more than anything to me.

@Graysin @Twelve1 @kaptain3d
Need some other eyes on this plant, please.

2 Likes

Thanks yes possible that it got overwatered once or twice but not recently at all.

2 Likes

How’s the clones going for you??? Also did u go all photos this time around? If so how u liking them

1 Like

I nearly killed both of them by neglecting them for 2 days. Sally did survive and is recovering, but Trixie is a goner. I moved her into a windowsill perch in another room to see if she sprouts enough to clone. Though I may not want to because she was especially difficult.

I’m not starting new plants until Sally is finished because she still has bugs, and I’m going to want to sanitize everything thoroughly so I don’t accidentally infest the next generation. I’ve got plenty of weed so I can wait.

I did expect to do the new ones starting October, but now November seems more likely.
I got Autopots for the third grow, and I’m going to do one Critical Mass photo and one auto, most likely Bruce Banner since that’s the one type of auto seed I haven’t grown yet from my mix pack.

Here’s Sally from couple of days ago.

1 Like

Sorry to hear bout ur bad luck but u live and learn I’m positive u will bounce back

1 Like

Don’t. She’s already overloaded with N. Fiz is dead on. They’re clawing from nitrogen toxicity. The dark green of the leaves indicates overload, too.

I’d water her with distilled or RO, and be heavy with it. If you usually use a gallon, use two.

5 Likes

Thanks @Graysin for checking in!

@M.W.P.P A reminder that some plants, even within the same strain at times, can be more sensitive to nutes than others. I know yours is living soil but it’s making this girl unhappy.

And thanks for the well wishes on the clones, I may yet make something of Sally. She’s revegging atm to recover from the shock. One big advantage of photos.

4 Likes

Yes I’m assuming that it’s because those 2 r sativa strains and the rest r indica dominate. Not sure if that’s the reason or not but seems somewhat logical???

2 Likes

Certainly sounds reasonable to me!

2 Likes

Hoping this girls buds keep swelling up and gaining more and more color/would like to possibly put her in bud of the month next month being this is the only ilgm strain we r growing this time. It’s hit some pretty steep competition you guys think she stands a chance?

5 Likes

I definitely know I need to let them mature more before that time that’s y I’m considering next months

2 Likes

shouldn’t he be checking run off PPM at some point or did I miss those numbers? I’ll look back some to see . Also have yet to see one pic with the soil fully soaked…Pics on dry days only maybe? @Graysin
@Fiz

Usually take pics every time right before watering unless it’s just a pic of a single bud with nothing else

1 Like

Have you checked any run off numbers yet?
@M.W.P.P

1 Like

He’s using living soil, and not adding any nutes as far as I know. The only way to fight N toxicity would be to flush.

2 Likes

yeah that’s the way I’m leaning …
I’m just wondering/curious , for science, what his run off PPM’s might look like… :+1: @Fiz

1 Like