M.I.L.K. : Playing with CBD and other fun stuff!

To all if you who plays with rosin… Is there any way to manipulate it easily? That stuff sticks like crazy! :crazy_face:
Do I chill the tools before picking a bit of rosin, or do I keep the rosin in the fridge? :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah but its very dangerous!!! This is how Covert dresses in his garage:

8 Likes

7 Likes

@Treasurestoy if you need proof that Mars Lights will produce, this is the place to look. @kaptain3d is becoming something of a Mars growing guru! Lol

4 Likes

O went to that post and it never said anything about that light but either way it goes ive already ordered it so ill just try my luck when it gets here in the am

1 Like

Sorry wrong post see it now

Great win Kaptian! I have the “my personal press” press. And love it, I let the press heat up to 200 then put the stuff to be pressed in and set the top press down on it for 10 - 20 sec and then press it… seem to allow the Rosen to press a bit easier if it is heated a little before the main press, I press for 60 -90 sec, and afterward after I collect a bunch of pucks I always add them to any infusions I make for brownies or gummys! Don’t toss them there is a use for them if you do edibles, I personally don’t like the feeling of edibles but…

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info Monsier @Teacherttom1 :smiley:

I’m still experimenting, but I love it a lot so far… It’s my first experiments with dabs… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Still gonna use my hair straightener!

6 Likes

Now you did it Kap… i’d like to thank you for motivating me. I’ve been wanting a Press for a while. I’ve been looking at benchtop bottle jack presses and I found what I am looking for for about $450+. I have the tools and skills to build one but I just haven’t felt like it. So I watched the green jeans video on building the plates and price it out. I have a couple of the items all ready so the cost of the plates will only be about $130. I’m pretty sure I have some of the metal I will need to build the frame and I can easily source the rest. A 12 ton bottle jack is only 30/$40. I already have one but it’s old and ugly and I don’t know how well it works haven’t used it for 20 years so I’ll probably buy a new one not sure yet, might try the old one first if it works good I’ll just clean it up and paint it… anyways i’ll get started on it when the parts show up. Anyways, thanks for the motivation kap…:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes

You go do it Monsieur @Happilyretired and document everything please, that’s going to be really interesting. :nerd_face:
And, even for a noob dabber, I really can taste a huge difference in the terps of the strains I’ve tried so far. Very fun and amazing buzz.
And the vaporizer I’ve won does a wonderful job. The only con I’ve found so far is that the batteries don’t last very long. But it’s easy to recharge so no biggie…

3 Likes

Well, I’m trying to get away from smoke and use a vaporizer more. So since I’m spending so much money on vaporizers to figure out what I like I figure I save money building a press. My brother-in-law has smoked Dabs for years and he sounds like he has emphysema always coughing and hacking, not for me so I’m gonna try to evolve into strictly vaping and edibles and try to save my lungs. Besides building this thing I get to use my lathe my mill, welders and so on… goodstuff. :wink::laughing:
Oh yeah… The flavor that I’m getting from my newest vape is killer, i’ll be doing a comparison as soon as the other one shows up​:+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

Heck yes!! Please tag me when you start the assembly process. That’s awesome . Next stage comes researching the micron sized bags to use lol there is so many methods too. I’ve seen someone use one micron bag then double bag it in a bigger micron bag.

3 Likes

Silicone is your friend. Getting a small dab tool is recommended, and if you can get a silicone covered one it really helps. Denatured alcohol on hand will help you clean up any mess if you drop some.
Silicone mats, containers, all make it easier. Always work over the silicone mat. You can cool the rosin, and it’ll come unstuck to the silicone mat. I’ve found a silicone spatula will really help pick up too. It’s all about technique, and takes a few tries to figure out what works best.
Long story short this stuff is sticky as f***!

7 Likes

@Joshmcginnis28
I saw that to a guy took a 25 µm bag and put it inside a 120 or something like that. My question is do you reuse the bags? Or are they a one use deal. Does anybody know?

2 Likes

I don’t have the exact answer bc I don’t do it yet
But with how many come in a pack. I’m gonna guess wouldn’t be worth it to try and reuse one. Would probably end up with old stuff burning and giving rosin a bad taste in the second run.

1 Like

When I vaped Tangie with Bud. . . omg
Im gonna get into that next!

1 Like

@Joshmcginnis28
:thinking:… I wouldn’t think it would burn because it would be inside parchment paper so if something were to scorch it would be the parchment paper. I don’t know but I will find out on my own unless one of the more experienced Growers chime in and share their experience with it so I don’t have to experience yet another failure.

1 Like

I’m experimenting for with the vape’s… so far it’s looking like you can get a really really good one for about 100 bucks with coupon codes and such. For 50 bucks you can get a decent little one that works pretty good and it’s only just a little bit larger than a Bic lighter. The smaller one’s are great if you’re running around town but they don’t have near the battery life and you don’t get near as good flavor. It is well worth it to spend 100 bucks for what appears to be the very best on the market this time…:+1:t3::v:t3:

1 Like

@Joshmcginnis28

And there it is…:+1:t3:

1 Like