Lux meter readings

How do i find out what my dli is with a lux meter. And what do those readings mean? Some readings taken vary quite a bit, from 750 to 1700, need some information please.

1 Like
2 Likes

Here’s a calculator:

3 Likes

My Android phone has an app (PPFD Meter and LUX, two separate programs) I am not sure if LUX was required, as I use only PPFD Meter. App does provide some information, but that’s marketing or good reading material for sleep challenged growers. My electric bill came recently, and my math shows 1KW for my grow. My PPFD (LUX or PPFD/DLI modes of measurement), will display all ranges of numbers as the sensor responds to any 3-d position or any angle in the tent. Typically, users will position device at crown level (top buds) and record numbers. Software conversion results in LUX, PPFD, and DLI numbers. No clue if all works well. No calibration standard mentioned (picture supported instructions favored). Then there is the problem that minute variations (handshaking tremors) interfere with sensor stability required for stable meaningful readings.
LSS, on a sunny cloudless day, find the most sunshine and measure. That will be the standard you can use for interpolating your grow lighting readings. Charting picture from forum supported reading.

Youtube videos on subject will provide more complete answer. I may not have mentioned the difficulty one has reading the screen under the LED blasting lights. 1KW is blindingly bright and eye protections is advised.

1 Like

What would optimal DLI be? For flowering plants 6 weeks into flower? @DEEPDIVERDAVE @MidwestGuy @Newt

By the way thanks for your response!!

I use this chart: (red line, and I push it a bit)

1 Like

I take it the color red was intentional

2 Likes

Not my chart, but I like the way you think!

1 Like