Field of Dreams Grass Grow…

Is it too early to already be anticipating late Oct lol?
This is my 2nd outdoor grow (1st Journal) so I’m very green myself still. I’m working with 2 new strains (new to me lol) and I’m really stoked to see how these girls differ from the ladies of last summer. For me this journal will likely simply serve as a wkly photo log of the season so that later I can revisit it to remember ‘when the kids were little’ lol. Proud Papa style!! Now only strangers have to suffer through the oodles of pics I can’t help but take lmao. So here we go…

16 Likes

Heck no it ain’t too early!!! I have a Godfather OG that sprouted yesterday, but is standing inside. Have 7 autos going outside next weekend, Purple Punch photo and Cream Caramel CBD photo going out in May!!!
October seems so far :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::green_heart::palm_tree::green_heart:

4 Likes

@Borderryan22 These girls are all photo fem. Let’s get to growing!!

6 Likes

Best of luck to you!!! Outdoor grows are both stresses and stressful at the same time. I’m following along if you don’t mind…

2 Likes

@Caligurl It’d be awesome to have you along for the ride and please pipe in whenever you feel like. God knows I could use someone looking over my shoulder lol. I’m bound to have more than one issue …

3 Likes

So what kind of soil are you using? It looks like it has a lot of bark in it… just curious.

1 Like

@Caligurl So I mixed a few bags together with some Perlite from Lowes. I’ll take a pic of them when I get home after work and post it ok. I’m made a concoction when I started my indoor auto GSC’s.

3 Likes

@Caligurl

I mixed these in a wheelbarrow before adding them to my containers. I know MG is a very unpopular company/product for a lot of grow types but it’s what I’m comfortable and familiar with from other gardening ventures.

These are my current grow, GSC Autos. They seem good to me although this is a first experience so I don’t have any metrics to base that opinion off of yet. Tent does smell lovely when I open it up. Bonus!!

14 Likes

Well, I have to say you are doing quite well with that soil! I’m surprised actually.

5 Likes

They look fabulous, hope you dont mind, im along for the ride, just finished my 1st indoor grow, trying to figure out the summer one… so much fun! Enjoy :wink:

2 Likes

@TT Welcome aboard! As long as your not expecting much you won’t be let down lol. Flying by the seat of my pants as they used say lol. Although I’m really hoping I can finish this last stretch without any major f ups for real lol……

4 Likes

I hear ya, just learning as i go, loving every minute :laughing:

3 Likes

I have to say, what got me all started on growing was finding a bag seed! I didn’t know anything so I just stuffed it in a flower pot with MG… This is how it turned out BUT I did replant it into 5 gallon bag with Recipe 420 soil when it was fairly big (pretty cheap and very good… available at most local nurseries or hydro shops). It was the one in the front and turned out to be male, but still looked great!

5 Likes

@Caligurl What I really need is to get up to speed with my ph and ppm readings lol. Calibrating my Apera is making me feel dumb lol. I’ve been winging it with r/o water hoping that’ll reduce overload issues but I feel like my soil probably needs to be flushed out or something. Ordered a Bluelab ppm pen from Amazon and hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow. Now to force myself to use them……

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry unless you see something odd. I don’t use my ppm pen much. When I’m switching to flower or if I see something off. Heck the first grow I never even owned one LOL

4 Likes

We have 2 new arrivals! I hope by the time I get back home they have some more friends to hang/grow with lol!!

7 Likes

If todays the first day above ground can I say they were born officially on 4/20???

9 Likes

Yup! You sure can!!

3 Likes

Dude, you’re rocking the MG!!! About 5% of growers get away with using it and you are definitely in that!!! I’ve got 2 GSCE Autos going and one just starting to show pistols this morning. Happy 420!!!

3 Likes

Well everyone finally showed up, it was another rough start. I need to rethink my soil choice I’d guess. Quit being cheap…… I’ve seen so many beautiful seedlings on display within this forum that I know these should be way lusher but at least they survived ME so far.

GSCE Autos are moving along. Day 59 from sprout. I’m ready to see them fatten up lol. They seem healthy just scrawny.

6 Likes