Lucky to have a green thumb

I started growing some 50 years ago. Back then we saved seeds from the best weed we bought. We had to pull males out. There was no such thing as feminized seeds. Most of us probably didn’t even check ph levels. I’ve always loved gardening. Don’t mean to brag but I’m pretty good at it. I dream of the day that it’s legal here. I’d like to have a whole row of pot plants in my veggie garden. I have a lot to learn and with your help maybe I can get even better at growing!

7 Likes

Same for the group I ran with back in the late 70s. We grew bag seed near cornfields and had no idea what we were doing. All feminized weed was referred to as “sinsemilla” as if it were a strain of its own.

7 Likes

Looking back, I wonder how we were successful at all with growing. I learned from making mistakes. We pretty much had to learn ourselves how to grow.

5 Likes

If you want to get fed good info with a fire hose and learn really quickly, then this is a good place to do it.

9 Likes

Welcome to the community

4 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome aboard.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Love it lol

5 Likes

I bought my last bag of weed in 1980 and kept the seeds from that bag. Three years ago AZ legalized the growing of cannabis, but I was still concerned about buying seeds online. So, I germinated those 40 year old seeds and I got a couple of plants from those seeds. Three years later I still grow a male/female plant too keep the strain as it was back in the day. I was a little apprehensive when my ILGM seeds arrived in the mailbox, but now I can’t imagine not growing cannabis in the vegetable garden. Hopefully, some day your state will get the votes!!

3 Likes

Thanks, there’s talk about legalizing weed here… can’t happen soon enough. I do worry about getting caught. I dream of the day it’s legal here in tn. When it’s legal nationally, we’ll be able to form local growers clubs where we can get together in person, maybe growers conventions. Wouldn’t that be cool!

2 Likes

@Dj351
Welcome, you’ll love it here.