LST question, after topping or ok to start before topping

I topped the top left and center plant about 5 days ago. Should I tie down the top of the plant at this point? Like i showed in the pic?
The other 3 plants have not been topped yet. Should I wait to top them before I start tying the top down?
Also I need to wait on the smaller 2 plants until the are in their final pot too right?

1 Like

This is one of the topped plants. Did I do it correctly?

1 Like

You can start LST before or after topping
Good luck!
I would just be gentle and have something to tape up a branch if something breaks instead of just bending
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not seeing where you topped this one Growmie :love_you_gesture: I don’t bend them over after topping, I’ll wait a few days for recovery and spread the sides out :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Topped between the 4th and 5th node then several days to recover before I start LST on the sides :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Thanks @spankyjr1 it’s a but stressful bending it the 1st time :rofl: any tape will do or is there something that works best?

1 Like

@OGIncognito that looks great. My nodes are so tight because i had the lights turned up to much(think it was you who told me to turn them down, which i have) I almost can’t bend anythind down because theyre so dense. Nodes are right on top of each other.

This is where I topped that plant

3 Likes

See it now, I may have been the one to say turn it down or raise the light. There’s a happy medium there for node spacing. Are you using a light meter or the Photone phone app?

1 Like

@OGIncognito yes I am. I was at 500ppfd, raised lights and ppfd is now at 400.
I have not found the happy medium yet :rofl:

You can use almost anything duct, scotch, masking, teflon tape

After about 1 week you can remove the tape some also put aloe or honey if it’s an open cut then tape up

I have been using the medical wrap it sticks to itself and not the plant
We were all scared the first time bending and breaking limbs but the plant is forgiving
Smoke sum if you got sum

2 Likes

Thank you @spankyjr1
Lol oh I have been