LST Outside Grow

I’ve been researching on LST but every thing Ive found is all inside grows. Ive got a 4week old WW fem I wanted to try this with but since it is outside and its not a af it has a potential to get big. So wonder if weight could be a issue (will I need to use some sort of support). Looking for a few answers basically.

The wind and rain will cause the plant to form strong limbs…and the naturally occurring nutrients found in the soil, like silica, will help make the branches stronger. You shouldn’t need to supply any support.

5 Likes

That’s what I want to hear lol. going to go for it and see what happens…
Thanks @kabongster

1 Like

your welcome…keep us posted…and maybe a Bud of the Month photo when ready :wink:

1 Like

You could always put a cage around her down the road if needed mate from cheap welded wire garden fence
Or you can use some sticks to tie branches off to and they will act as supports later as well

I am lst training this one she was 4-1/2 feet tall when I put her outside lol
I missed she’s a little ruff looking right now I tied her up fast one day and haven’t had the chance to fix it up lol
I’m going to put a screen over her as well since I still have 5 months to go before harvest :grin::cowboy_hat_face::v:CB

2 Likes

That’s the 1st picture Ive seen of a outside grow and lst. going to pull it over this weekend or next. Letting it get a little bigger. its only about 8-10inches tall right now

1 Like

Nice yeahbim planning to put a scrog screen on her as well just need to find the time
I put her out about 3 weeks ago I think she was in indoors under leds for the first 8 weeks but I ran out of room hahaha
So I put her and a smaller friend out in the green house
If you want I’ll tag you into my thread when I up date it @Sasquatch
It’s a little hard to se in picture but I put bamboo sticks in ground and tied off to that loose on stem so it can still grow and move FYI

1 Like

You should be fine LSTing an outside plant. As @kabongster stated the wind and rain will help strengthen the stems. I know there are quite a few outside growers who LST to try and lower the profile of there crop to keep it more camouflaged. I would say go for it.

1 Like

yea go ahead and tag me on it. Id like to see how the scrog goes if you do it.

@Jmesser80 I’m going to give it a shot. I’m not restricted on plant size where I am but the idea of multiple tops to top on a single plant… it makes me grin!

Yes, yes it does I fimmed this lady a while back and she is super bushy with like 10 tops on it.

3 Likes

Outstanding!

1 Like

@Sasquatch every time I see your profile picture I can’t help but crack a smile! Thanks for that :+1:

2 Likes

I agree @MattyBear… cracks me up…! :grin:

2 Likes