LST help for me

I need some advice for low stress training.
Should I let the lowest 2 branches shoot up through the middle of the plant and train the others outside?

1 Like

@Jerdan03 Create a canopy flat and even as possible. The whole reason for LST is to get more light to the plant

2 Likes

Some black electrical tape to the rescue? Manifold - topped once?
How many nodes are below the tape?
Auto or photo?

1 Like

One topping
Total 6 nodes total including the taped one on top
Photo

I was thinking of letting the lowest node come up through the middle or chop it if it’s not strong enough to make it through.
Also, if I was to top more, which ones is normal done after the main stem?

1 Like

Do y’all know any really good “Timelapse style” videos of lst and/or supercropping?? I still am unsure which shoots to top or chop after the main branches.

It is hard to find enough room for that many branches. It is even more difficult if you top more. I have to leave right now. I will try to pick this up in a couple hours

Im currently on my second grow, these are some pictures of my first attempt at LST.

3 Likes

Cool no problem. So I’m thinking I should cut the lowest nodes, that’ll leave 10 solid colas. Then cut any additional shoots that sprout off those branches around 2 weeks after switching to 12/12.
Sound about right??
Sorry I’m such a worrywort, I need help :crazy_face::rofl:

I always remove the bottom / first branches. Beyond that I depends on how many colas I want and if branches will be topped. This is a basic depiction of the topping the main stem and then having three sets of branches below where it was topped. Count the nodes below the black tape in your case

Following this diagram means the two bottom sets of branches would be removed. If only the bottom set is removed there would be ten colas as you mentioned.

2 Likes

I would not top any additional branches. Topping takes additional time for the plant to recover. Also, to have big buds when a plant is topped numerous time, requires a large plant.

1 Like

I like how you bent the main stem down , that is probably what I needed to do earlier! Now I wanna start some new seeds to try that out :grin:. This is my third grow attempt and still learning new things or at least remembering all these little tasks involved as I go along.

This is my lst on my current run. @Jerdan03

2 Likes