LST growing - tip - plant seed near one side of container,

2nd attempt in Va. 1st one used the wrong organic soil as it packed tight so roots did not grow. I’m using LST for a 400W HPS and an LED for 4 plants Legal Limit. I started bending at 6-7 nodes with a slight bend and then pull it further down 10 days later higher up on plant, I got about 45-degree tilt. I rotated the plant so the tilt was each corner of the light. All the lower branches are growing to the middle and the tops are bending to center, so it should fill the small space. Next time I will place the seeds at one side so there is more room for bending. Did no trimming of top and each is getting thick as it moves/ bends upward towards the center of the light. I want to point out to beginners that you really don’t a grow tent or some of the others things to get a good yield. Good lighting is the critical factor IMO, then grow pots for better root breathing, soil, Fan, temp. & humidity gage and of course a timing device. Have not use PH meter as good water here. So, start out simple before investing too much $.

1 Like

Got any pics of your work so far?

1 Like

Yes - will post have transfer from phone.

1 Like

How about a plan for nutrient supplements? Ull need to pH that before adding. And nute load is another essential aspect of growing. But u basically have the plan for a solid foundation.

1 Like

4 Likes

34 days veg, 28 days flowering.

3 Likes

Nice looking ladies, didn’t notice any LST training?

There are at a 45-degree angle by bending often. On the one plant you can see how the thin bottom branching are growing toward the center of the light and getting small buds. Read that should not trim top of auto-flowering. I did not want to bend more than 45, not like the common LST.
IT has 4-7 weeks of flowering left so they should increase grow of lower branches with more buds.

1 Like

I start autos early :love_you_gesture:

4 days before harvest

4 Likes

Hello from central VA on my 1st “legal” grow. Good luck~

5 Likes

I’ve now pulled the thin branches down so the little buds are getting more light and room, Will post pictures soon.

3 Likes

Awesome, I have a GSCE that I started as a manifold and broke a complete side off during training. I re-trained her to grow vertical to just what you’re doing…tieing the sides down to grow away from the main stalk growth that would have blocked a lot of the bud sites :love_you_gesture:

Before and after.

2 Likes

other pics. 69 DAYS - 35 DAYS flowering. - bent many branches down.

3 Likes

Nice job on exposing all those bu sites :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I Figure there is another 30-40 days of flowering and I’m hoping the smaller buds take off with more light. To me this is easier than the SCOG method for a beginner like me. I want to point that if growing for yourself you really do not need to have all the “Extra Things” experienced grower use, keep it simple. If this crop develops with expected flowering, I’ll have enough until next harvest where I’ll try 2 different strains. Looking forward to Feb. when it’s cured.

When bending, the main goal is normally to try to keep ‘top buds’ as close to evenly height as the side branches and lowers. If you have top colas reaching a foot-foot and a half higher then leaning side branches, its kind of pointless.

I like to bend the tallest first, then adjust the others to that height

1 Like

only 2nd time so I’m still learning. I read that auto-flower should not be topped. I started bending after 3 branch. All the exposed lower buds have grown since last one and the top ones are bigger growing up and towards center 400W HPS and a lower Led strip. I’m not sure how to do what you are saying. All plants were same height. It’s day 40 of flowering, I figure there is 16 to 30 days before harvest as seed info had 8-9 weeks, I’m always open for advice. Will post more pictures later this week after some more growth.

Thanks for the advice. Got more growth on lower branches after bending and getting more light. I have a better understanding of how to bend and get more branches after this grow and the impact of better lighting. Is it okay to trim the top of Auto? My main lights went out 10 days ago and waiting for replacement. (Dang it!) Growing White Widow and Lemon Skunk, both strain info. has 8-9 weeks flowering, starting week 10 today. There are still white pistols growing on all plants and the trichomes look mostly clear to me. Is this okay to continue to grow as buds are getting thicker and small ones have doubled in last week.

1 Like

some more photos