LST for use on Autoflowering plants

So I am getting mixed messages from reading. Is it okay to FIM autos? Also if it is then what stage do you perform the FIMming?

1 Like

@VOL4LIFE if you’re going to FIM or top an auto, do it early on. You don’t want her trying to heal up from a FIM at the same time she decides it’s time to flower - it’ll slow down flowering and very likely affect the quality because energy is going to the wrong process by then. LST is good to do, generally.

@VOL4LIFE there is a bunch of info on this topic here and elsewhere. From what I have read many do this regularly. I believe if you are going to do it then it should be after the 4th node. I was thinking about trying it on one of mine still up in the air on it tho.

2 Likes

We don’t really stand for attitude like that around here, not sure who your talking to but regardless of who it is we all help when we can no one owes you anything.

There is alot of forums out there where you can meet people as abrasive as your self.
Goodbye

@Maddthumb I was VERY nervous but just did some light FIM work on my eldest. She’s got about 7 nodes so I’m nervous to “top” properly, but she grew a BUNCH of new leaves over two days with just a light haircut. Try a FIM if you’re anxious about topping. Truthfully though, the energy is best spent on a top, especially if it’s an auto.

I think either way its a risk. My nerves are why its still up in the air for me. For me tho 4 tops seems like more reward for the risk than 2. Not very much time for multiple tops being an auto I would think. At some point I will have done both just to see. I would imagine the stress has to be close to the same either way.

@Maddthumb idk fimming feels a lot like pruning back dead leaves to me. Topping feels like cutting good growth lol

Here you go

3 Likes

You are chopping limbs off a plant, not off your child. It only takes 1 good experience, where you get 2-3 times as much quality bud from your plant than you got from letting it do its own thing. That convinces you that it is almost always worth the risk to direct your plants growth for the prospect of a much better yield. Does it always work the way we want? Of course not, but when it does it is almost magical! You start to think you are the Master of your plant, not the other way around!

4 Likes

@Nicky Are you talking to me? I didn’t mean to be abrasive… Please let me apologize for anything I might have said to upset you.

I am so sorry for having offended you!!! That was the furthest thing from my mind. I really appreciate all of your time and help! I was simply saying I have read information on other forums(not here) that have confused me.

@VOL4LIFE I believe @Nicky was addressing that bizarrely rude outburst from @grizZz - not you.

Btw have you got some seeds germing yet?

1 Like

Oh okay…was hoping I had not offended anyone. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am awaiting my tent. I have my seeds but haven’t started germination yet. Plan to start next week. Trying to learn as much as I can between now and the time I start my germination.

2 Likes

@VOL4LIFE that’s a smart idea - I will say, you don’t know what you don’t know til you’re growing. I read for about three weeks while I waited on seeds from various seed banks (I tried 3 this round) and read more while I waited for my seeds to germinate. And posted a question 12 hours into having a fresh seedling :sweat_smile:

It’ll take anywhere from 1-7 days for your seeds to germinate - it sounds like the perfect amount of time while you wait around for the tent to show. :grin:

1 Like

Germination and the tiny seedling stage are the most difficult, IMHO. Kind of like birth and caring for a newborn! Once they get to the toddler stage and start moving around on their own it gets easier. Then learn how to train your child to become a highly productive adult! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I must have missed the part where @grizZz says something that upsets people? I read through a couple times. Can someone point this out?

1 Like

@Docnraq it has been removed - it was abrasive. But I think we all get frustrated sometimes.

1 Like

@Docnraq I was looking 2. Doesn’t sound like grizZz??? We all have bad days!

1 Like

This is my Super Silver Haze Feminized Photo twin seed. I call her “Gemini” as I’ve never had a twin plant come from 1 seed before. I’m LSTing her and forcing both to go 1/2 way around the pot before I let her grow up. I also used the super-cropping Pinch & Roll technique on them beginning today. The branches that will all want to come up from the middle of the pot got super-cropped. Seems to be many different opinions on HST and LST on this thread. How many of you would consider what I just did as wrongful abuse of this plant? How many say “that does not look good, but let’s see how things turn out”? How many say “you go and make those twins be all they can be”?

Kind of hard to see so I put some red marks on the P&R areas.
The kind of red circle has a gaping hole in the stem under that leaf now.
I think some of you will be quite surprised when you see a pic of her in about a week! :sunglasses:

1 Like