LST apprehension for this newbie

When she is a bit taller, bend her over and expose the nodes to the direct light. You want to train to get a menorah not an Xmas tree. I always twist and bend the growing stems. They love it. Makes the stems strong as hell too

1 Like

Hey CJ -
That was brought up by a cple of other members. It is an oil-filled radiant htr. It is on when called on by thermostat. But it doesn’t get very hot at all. I can maintain skin contact with it when it’s at its highest. The pic doesn’t show but it is about 1-1/2’ away from the pot. And I rotate the position of the pots frequently. I also get soil temp readings periodically - never over 68. And after hearing the concern of others I even moved both pots to the front of the tent creating more space from the htr.
I really don’t think it’s an issue - no warmer than heat from light actually.
It isn’t economically feasible to have the htr outside the tent and heating the ambient temp of the room in my basement.
I’m confident it is a water issue which I think I have corrected, along with what the P4P support team thinks is some stress from LST.
I heard back and forth about overwatered vs under watered and I knew I hadn’t overwatered in a while. And I read that an underwatered plant will respond rather quickly to being watered, whereas an overwatered plant wouldn’t show much change.
So last night a cple hrs after coming out of lights out I gave them about 12oz and within several hrs they seemed to perk up slightly. And this morning when I checked in after all night under light they both show moderate signs of improvement.
The pots were really light and soil was dry several inches deep. I decided to try it (with really nothing to lose) and I think they’re making progress. What do you think?
Thanks for checking in. I feel like I used up a lot of oxygen in this forum yesterday with so many generous folks offering what they could. We’ll see, but I think the girls and I are less stressed today :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well look at you, I am impressed you have come along very well. Nice and thick have you been doing much better. Sorry I haven’t been around as much as I should. I am transitioning into the legal side so been busy. Please tag me with a @SKORPION tag so I can keep up. And @Nicky well because I can. And @beardless cause he’s awesome

3 Likes

@SKORPION hey thank you! It has been an interesting learning experience for sure - and I’m sure class has not been dismissed.
I certainly will. Thanks for taking interest and your support. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

You pretty much have overcome the biggest hurdles so you got this. I just got my Fifth harvest in my first year of indoor autos and there’s another that is great with autos. I wanna tag and that’s @Not2SureYet I haven’t followed him but @dbrn32 said he’s THE auto guy

2 Likes

Ah ok, sorry mate I didn’t see that the heater thing had already been discussed.

I do think they are looking a little perkier! Well done maaaate! :smile::smile::smile:

Ah now you’ve got the ‘big guns’ called in, they’ll sort you out fo sho :wink:

1 Like

@CalamityJane yea, over the last cple days I was all over this place - losing track of who was where, which “thread”. I’m still learning etiquette and how to navigate. :joy:
A ton of experience and information fo sho!

1 Like

GIF image

1 Like

From Plastic Beach? :notes:

1 Like

Yeah! But I only know that track… I’ve not actually heard anything off the rest of the album.
Gotta love Snoop. He is (was) touring here in February and I also had a possibility of getting backstage passes… but y’know, lockdown happened again so I doubt there will be any Snoop Dogg in February after all… :pensive: glad I didn’t buy the tickets in the end…

1 Like

Saw Gorillaz in Denver, Co 10 yrs ago for that tour. Snoop wasn’t there in person but a vid of him played for the opening song - Welcome to the Plastic Beach. Mos Def was part of the show, along with Little Dragon. 4 rows from stage, dead cntr.
What a show- never forget it! Thus the names of my two GG girls - Noodle & Lil Dragon :sunglasses::peace_symbol:

1 Like

@SKORPION
@CalamityJane
Expert opinions based on observation? Are these two getting along, or just getting by? The larger of the 2 is now showing some yellow in some leaves. Flowering seems to be increasing but I have no idea where they should be. In their 5th week above ground

Ah man, I just don’t know…
I am by no means an expert.
But in my most humble opinion I honestly think they look a bit dry and need water, like a good soaking. But I know you’ve been following advice from P4P and they’ve said not to do that, right?
But that’s pretty much me out of suggestions. I’m so sorry… :cry:

The fact they still both look a good green makes me think it’s not pH or nutrient related. Perhaps it’s VPD? I think it was @dbrn32 that told me about that on my thread, maybe he (she?) can help identify the issue? :woman_shrugging:

I’ll be watching and hope you can figure it out.

CJ. :v:

I think you’re right. I’ve been thinking they need water but I have been hesitant to give them a lot for fear of over watering. Yea, P4P suggests frequent watering but perhaps I’m not going enough. I think I just offer more next time. Thanks for your input!

Sometimes yellowing leaves and spots and curling tips can be cause from over or underwatering. U should try the lift the pot method. Let it dry out good then water till runoff then lift ur pot to feel how heavy it is after a good watering then basically when the pot feels like half the weight and alot lighter then water

1 Like

@appleyardjr267 thank you for your advice. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

No problem. Thats what we’re here for. I learned most of what i know from this forum mid 2018. U cant find any other forum that has as helpful of ppl like u do here. Ive seen on mainstream cannabis forums that alot of those guys criticize and put newbies down instead of giving guidance.

2 Likes

I have no other experience with forums than this one, and I agree everyone has been generous, insightful and respectful.
And in spite of all that I think I have still managed to destroy these two plants. :worried:
But I will definitely turn to this forum with my next attempt - with more knowledge I’ve acquired from the folks here. Thanks again! :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Nah ur plants will more than likely be ok other than slowed down growth but these suckers are pretty resilient to extreme stress. Ude have to be really all the wrong things to kill one with established roots

1 Like

Unfortunately things are progressing in a negative way. Not sure exactly what to do, but we’ll see…