LST apprehension for this newbie

@SKORPION I’ve read & heard both sides of topping. Again I’m going to follow your advice and let the girls go about their merry way. Thanks again for your time and advice! :peace_symbol:

No problem anytime

1 Like

Here some LST for you @Willum. The is one GG Auto I set up with a screen, everytime leaves or branches pop up above it, I bend under. You see one of the biggest benefits these folks will tell you is that light gets to other branches and colas and they start popping up everwhere. Look how many tops this has, one plant. I’m just getting coached a different way, but thought I’d share. Your gonna do great!

And its huge advantage for me with a small grow tent…plenty of room for pay day…I hope

2 Likes

Looks good, a lot of info.to take in.

1 Like

@Newolhead thank you so much for this post! Another testament of how thoughtful & generous you & others are in this forum.
And your timing with this is so cool because I have been thinking a bit ahead about training
One girl is growing so fully I was curious how to manage & sculpt. Your photo illustrates a good way to manage her.
Neither beauty is gaining much height still, but I could be expecting unrealistically. Especially since I have no idea how any strain should look or behave - other than by observing the grows of others.
Thank you once more for your generosity and support! Awesome :peace_symbol:

1 Like

No problem, if you want to see how I was coached for my first grow, my post is called “Another Newbie, Sorry!” ha, ha, ha…yup we’re all this together bro!!
@Hellraiser is one of the great growers on the site. My sensei for this grasshopper

3 Likes

@Newolhead I’ll mos def check that out!
Also, an update on my watering…
So immediately following the most recent watering both girls seemed very happy with no apparent issues
However, a day later following their lights out period both were showing signs indicating perhaps overwatering. Their leaves were drooping slightly and cupping/canoeing a bit.
Lights are on while I am sleeping and this morning when I checked in they both appear to be less affected - less of both symptoms,
My thinking is that the “heavier” watering after so little probably shocked them a bit?
This sounds about right?

Yea I wouldn’t be nervous the bottoms leaf that’s your coyts they’re going to die off that’s what gets your plant started I start training at about 4 nodes myself you can always take off any large leaves at the bottom but training them isn’t going to hurt think of it like a bonsai envision how you want it to look then start gently bending and tying down adjust every day if need be but you’ve gut it I find lst my plants is the easiest part of growing it out

2 Likes

Great pic of a great lST job

3 Likes

@shady424 thanks for your encouragement and advice. I’ve got a bit of time - a week or so I think before I get started. But Noodle is growing out so I’ll need to help her get all the lights she needs. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

You’re good, @shady424 is another great grower on the site. You should see some of his grows too! Watering, these guys will tell you less is more when plants are small and they are so right. What I aim for is moist soil until the plant is 2"x4" either way. Then I water to run off. I make sure they drain and drain alot. Alot of holes on pots, or fabric. I’ve done veggies like this for decades so…it was just my thing and then, what do you know, it’s the way the pros seem to do it here.

This is exactly what I did @Willum

BTW @Willum there is a movie that @CalamityJane sent me that I’m mimicking above screen. I dont know how to send it to you… :pensive: but it’s in my post. It is the best… !!

2 Likes

@Newolhead
@SKORPION
@shady424. Here’s a family portrait taken this morning to illustrate the status of the partners in crime. Noodle to the right and Lil Dragon. Differences in the 2 obvious. 4 wks above ground today. I’m interested in opinions. I mean I’m not sure how they should look. And Nature kind of dictates…

1 Like

@Newolhead how do I find the post you’re referring?

Top of the soil looks pretty dry may wanna start bending a little.

I agree with scorpion does look a lil dry but without picking it up and feeling the weight can’t b sure I try to water my plants right to the edges of the leaves only full pot water once the leaves reach the edge of my pot I do the finger test and the weight test and now you just know what the girls want by the way they look are the leaves standing straight or drooping and can’t always go by the way it looks cause mine were drooping bad like they needed water but in all reality just needed a flush after I did they stood right back up. You’ll learn to read the girls over time takes a few rounds. But really they all look healthy to me remember they are still a weed they can take a beating and bounce back I overthinked my grow a lot at first now I’ve learned to take a step back and let them do their thing Also I barely have enough time now working 65+ a week then git my plants and dogs to take care of when I get home cook dinner and yeah the two spots I have mushrooms in also too much at once

2 Likes

@shady424 that’s my little brothers name lol

1 Like

Only met two other people with it it’s not a common one for sure

Only thing I’d do @Willum is defoliate some of the larger fan leaves blocking down bottom and future sites it will really make it flourish when I defoliate I go down in a spiral pattern it really makes for a killer plant along with some lst

2 Likes