LST apprehension for this newbie

Also you gotta consider it’s an auto with a quick life span so you need to provide enough water to allow it to grow as much as it can without smothering the roots by watering too frequently. Yeah I’m in fox farms same deal enriched soil.

2 Likes

And doesn’t that schedule depend on climate inside the tent - heat, humidity? I guess I have been following the guidelines of the soil is still damp - hold off watering.

1 Like

Got it. I’ll give that a go.
Thank you once again. Learning all is this is cool :sunglasses:

The problem is it maybe moist at the upper inches but not on the lower where the roots need to get to.

Makes sense. Did you happen to see my question about neem residue?

Alot of people use Neem as long as you don’t go overboard you should be fine, why did you need it?

Well, as I said I am growing with a pot4pot kit. And as a complete, T-total inexperienced beginner I have been following their kit directions. They advise a weekly application beginning in the veg stage. I just figured it was for prevention :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

And it maybe that medium has a high moisture retention ,and you may just be watering once a week. But you gotta give it enough materials to build some weight with.

1 Like

Going to move forward with this instruction!
Info explained perfectly. Thank you!

1 Like

Are those 2gal pot4pot?

@Newbiegrower251 greetings! 5 gal

1 Like

Dont be afraid @Willum, have fun with it. When they’re ready, they respond very well. I’m having a blast training some.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Will be following along…I had the 2gal kits and was highly disappointed with the yield of those. With half of it being coco and only 1gal of the “superb” soil I think it just really doesn’t have enough nutrients to grow any more than a few small buds. In my opinion it’s another trap like blurple lights

2 Likes

@Newbiegrower251 that’s a drag! Seems like a fair amount of energy and work to end with disappointment.
We’ll see how this experience fares. I’ve never grown any type of plant. Stumbled into P4P through ILGM when looking for seeds and figured it would be a decent set of training wheels for me to try to learn.
So far I haven’t killed anything … :smiley:

2 Likes

@Newolhead perfect advice for me. Play is important!

1 Like

What’s working for me being a newbie is having some seeds around from the old days. I have the expensive GG’s brewing from IGLM but I started some mistery seeds so I could mess around with this stuff…ha, ha, ha…call me a coward…!!

If I get a couple bowls out of it, it’s a plus…probably all males

2 Likes

@Newolhead when I decided to give this a go I was planning on just a single plant just to keep it simple and minimize the overwhelm I knew was coming :smile:
I germinated 2 seeds just in case…
Then I decided to keep both sprouts just in case…
And then as the girls began growing I began to feel an attachment to both
So now I am raising 2 - which I feel is my limit.
Space-wise and energy-wise.
I’ll see at the end how I feel about the entire process.
It is good practice for my impatience :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@SKORPION ok so I watered the girls yesterday a few hrs following their lights off period giving them some time to wake up.
Applied 8 cups ea which resulted in just slight run off
This morning when I woke up I checked in and both were fine, so it appears I didn’t give them too much.
So now back to the question about LST. I’m taking your recommendation to wait another week, but I have a question looking ahead.
Pics here are from just a bit ago before lights out again. Lil Dragon - who started out slow and small is gaining, and by my inexperienced eyes looks pretty good with decent spacing between nodes.
Her companion however is much bushier with nodes being much more crowded.
My question is if the cramped condition of Noodle’s branches and leaves is ok, and was it a watering issue that caused this?
And when it is time to train will some of the leaves need to be cleared out?
One more - do you top your autos?
Thanks in advance again. Looking forward to some clarity around this. :peace_symbol:

I don’t top just because they need time to recover and I want to get all the growth I can. As far as the difference in plants that just genetics of the parental line. You know one brother looks like mom the other looks like dad thing.and you can defoliate an auto again I try to avoid stress so I tuck leaves out of the way.

3 Likes