LSD Fem: 1st Time Grow Photo Journal

They look green in pic, so probably not needing much. Blurple lights can be a little deceiving though.

1 Like

If possible in the future try to take pictures in natural light or with flash from camera. Like @dbrn32 pointed out its difficult to see anything that may be going on. With FF OF soil you should be good for a while on nutes. Keep your eyes open for any discoloration of leaves, that can be a early sign that you need to start cal mag.

2 Likes

@repins12 @BetrayedSoul @Bulldognuts @Bubblehead @SmokeOne @dbrn32 @Buddly

Day 38

Joshua is showing discoloration only on bottom fan leaves and they feel dry to the touch. I’m noticing a few leaves with a claw. Today I watered Carole and LSD with ph’d water and Joshua with Grow Big. The temp shown was in the process of cooling down and humidity was a little too low with the tent open.

BTW How long does veg last? When will they be ready to flower or how would I be able to tell?

I apologize for the burple lighting. I will fix that in the future posts!
Thanks!

1 Like

If they are photos you can Veg for as long as you choose. Once they start showing sexual maturity you can flip to flower. As far issues you need to get better pics. I see some discoloration on leaves but with grow lights on difficult to tell.

1 Like

Are you setting ph of water?

2 Likes

@Bulldognuts @dbrn32

Do these pics look any better? Any advice about the girls?

LSD

Carole

Joshua

1 Like

I’ve just been using tap water and leaving it out for 24+ hrs.

1 Like

They all look good except the one Joshua. I believe @dbrn32 got it right,ph issues.

3 Likes

I agree, outside of Joshua you are looking great. Newer growth on Joshua looks better too.

You see how tips are slightly burnt and leaves look dark green? Those are early indications that your nitrogen levels are little high. Nothing to be alarmed about if doesn’t get any worse. But those plants can probably get a couple of straight ph’d waterings.

Beautiful plants! im also doing my first journal and grow and its a great experience. Set to watch for this one. cant wait to see it when its time to harvest! @Sirena

Tap water pH will rise if just left to sit out.

Gotta hit it with something…my rain water will be at high 8’s next day…

@repins12 @BetrayedSoul @Bulldognuts @Bubblehead @SmokeOne @dbrn32 @Buddly @ashhhh

Hey everyone, its day 48 and I’m still hitting some rough patches. Can anyone give me some advice to help my girls get healthier again. I’ve been trying to pH my water but I’m not sure I’m doing it right. I just need help. What should I be doing at this stage? How should I be water and how much at a time? I haven’t given them cal/mag or nutes. And Carole looks stunted, how can I help her? Thanks!

SN: humidity and temp are off because I had the humidifier accidentally turn on before the lights did.

2 Likes

Fox farms ocean forest right? You should be setting your ph to around 6.5. I’m not sure where you’re having a hard time? If your water is dechlorinated, test ph and put however much ph up or down you need to get it to 6.5. Usually doesn’t make much, put in a drop or two and stir then test. Once it gets to 6.5 should be good to go. If water has chlorine (like city/municipal water) let it sit out for a day first.

I feel like at this point you need to wait til they are ready for water and water each plant to a good amount of runoff. Collect the runoff from each plant individually and test the runoff of each plant individually for ph and tds/ec. That will tell you what is going on in root zone. I suspect some ph issues, but one looks like nitrogen toxicity too.

Generally speaking if you water each time to runoff in soil it will be a few days before they need watered again. You need to let root zone dry out so it can get some oxygen. But there is no rule to exactly how much water or exactly how often. Different plants will process water at different speeds. Environmental factors will change it too.

4 Likes

It seems dbrn32 has you covered on this. Your watering schedule should be drought to flood. How have you been determining whether they need water. If you haven’t been lifting pots you should just lift them up a little and get a idea how heavy they are after you water. Then lift them daily. It won’t take long to get a idea if they need water. When I say drought to flood I mean exactly that. Let them get dry ,when you lift that pot it should feel really light. Then water thoroughly. If you are worried about over watering,as long as you don’t water to often you can literally soak soil to runoff. Then don’t water again until they are really dry. If you are still worried about whether you are getting it right you can use a hydrometer. Don’t waste your time with a 3 in 1 just get a moisture meter. Use it, along with lifting pots until you able to determine when to water by lifting. As far as cal-mag you can start adding at this point, Even if it doesn’t necessarily need it. Maybe start it at half dosage. I use FF soil and start cal-mag early in veg. The lights I have will cause plants to use up cal-mag faster than the lights you are using. But you can still use cal-mag without hurting plants. PH levels are important. Try to keep ph going in at 6.5 to 6.8 . As long as water ph going in is right, generally ph in FF OF soil will be good. But if you haven’t taken ph runoff readings, you might want to consider checking ph in runoff. On last grow, out of 7 plants I had 2 that was having issues. They ended up having low ph in soil. So it won’t hurt to check ph coming out. Don’t worry about adding nutrients until you are sure about ph levels. Hopefully this helps. Remember drought to flood and ph levels.

2 Likes

Okay, next watering I will test the runoff. I have been debating on buying a different type of watering can. I think one with a pump will help water the soil more evenly. My last pH reading before watering was 7.0…and it most likely has been that pH since I started. (I just bought a pH reader about a week ago). I do have a PPM reader as well. I am currently waiting on a pH up/pH down kit.

And yeah the nitrogen toxicity is concerning too. Everyday some leaves look a little worse and idk what to do about that except wait it out.

1 Like

I haven’t been lifting the pots, I will start doing that from now on! I think I may have let them dry out too much this past week but I gave them a good watering a few days ago, I just wish I had gotten my pH up/down in time before having to water again… I already have a 3 in 1 and I hate it hahaha.

I’ll use cal/mag in the next watering. Hopefully I can get this under control and my girls can continue growing happily again :grin: Thanks!

2 Likes

I see DBRN got you on this and I would just follow his advice. Im also a new grower but I use promix and im on a f/f/f/w and usually set my pH to 6.0 because its a hydro. Seeing the differences im sure other soil experienced growers will guide you better

The only thing i would suggest is lowering your humidity. I see you mentioned it was off and you fixed it so that should improve your environment. I use the same humidifier and i usually set it to 70% with low mist and it turns out fine.

Plants look great!

1 Like

The girls are in week 2 of flower. I’m hoping they don’t get too much taller. :sweat_smile:

How are they lookin?

4 Likes

She looks great!

1 Like

Tagging along if you don’t mind. First time grower here as well, you are in good hands here. Happy Grows!!!

1 Like